Very slow gameplay

Snaga7

Could someone give me some advice please, gameplay on TOW2: Africa 1943 is very slow on my PC although I have 1GB Ge-force GTS 250 card, 2GB ram & a triple core AMD processor. Could it be certain settings or does it conflict with some hardware? Have not been able to finish one mission due to the slow framerate.:confused:

The TOW series games can really stress a CPU, especially during segments of heavy action. The bottleneck here is most likely your CPU rather than the video card (though it appears that the issue is a slow framerate). I don't believe that TOW 2 Africa 1943 really makes true use of more than one core, but I don't know all of the details of the game engines.

You may want to try running the game at '1/2 speed' with the time controls at the top of the screen. Another thing to try is to use the Battle Generator to generate a battle and see how that plays out. Some of the campaign games can have enough units in them that the game play can slow down with all of the calculations going on behind the scenes.

had the same problem and solved it this way:

1. i use my desktopresolution 1600*900 before, with wich all games incl. cm:normandie, arma2 and many other games works great.

2. wondering that tow2 was working such slow with such settings

3. tried to change to a lower screensetting, but tow2 isnt able to give other resolutions för my 17,3 zoll screen, only resolutions with a wrongs wide/hight aspect where chooseable.

4. changed the screen resolution manually in the /users/video.ini to 1280*720 and after i did that, the game works very good.

5. if still problems are there, change shadow setting to no shadows and everything should work .