How To Install Mods

Mord

HOW TO CREATE A MOD FOLDER: Open your Combat Mission Battle For Normandy folder...go to the data folder...If you do not have a z folder in your data folder...create a folder, name it z and place it in your data folder.

It's that simple. All your mods will go in the z folder.

WHAT CAN I PLACE IN THE Z FOLDER?: Brz files, BMPs and WAVs, Text files, and any folders containing the aforementioned.

For more detailed info there is a readme in the Mod Tools folder of your CMBN game.

For more detailed info see pages 150-152 of your CMBN manual or the PDF manual.

Mord.

Thanks. I figured it was about time...LOL after I've seen the 100th "how do I?" thread/post.

If they don't sticky it I will just BUMP it every day for the rest of my life! LOL!

Mord.

How to create the mod folder:

1- locate the file named CM Battle for Normandy.app (it should be in Applications/CM Battle for Normandy);

2- right click on CM Battle for Normandy.app and select Show package content;

3- in the new finder window navigate in /Contents/Resources/Data;

4- In /Data, create the new folder named "Z" (or any word starting with "Z"); in this folder you will put all the mods the way Mord explained

I got the install part but..... when I want to go back to the original file, is it as simple as just removing the mod from the z folder? I installed Mords 2nd Rangers, and now even though I took the mod out of z folder, the Rangers still show in game.

That's not mine that'd be Vein's mod...You have to completely leave the game, end CMBN and then remove the mod...Also make sure it is completely removed from the data folder.

Mord.

A small note to this.

All files and subfolders in the 'data' folder are loaded in alphabetic order. If for example there are two version of the same texture in different brz files*, one is named atexture.brz, the other is named ztexture.brz, CM will use the ztexture.

This is important to know if you have installed a new mod, but CM does not show it in the game. In this case, you have to rename the new texture to make sure it will be loaded last, shall we say you rename newtexture.brz to znewtexture.brz

* A brz file is a file container similiar to a zip file, but without compression.

I, for the life of me cant get the US Airborne texture mods to work from the repository!

I've tried putting them straight into the Z folder and also doing it via rez explode then cut & copy them in to the Z folder but I'm not sure why I cant get it to work when it is obviously a very SIMPLE process !!! HELPS ! >.>

Is it in the Quick Battles ?----Are you sure you are selecting the Airborne Infantry option in the initial choice selection panel....

Its just that I tend to do inane things like that and then try all the really complex ways of remedying a simple mistake.....

NB Do you also have the Rangers uniform mod installed-- Try removing that before using the Airborne mod...

I need some help on the installation of mods. Do I need to delete the zipped file after I extract the download? I get all of the graphic mods but I don't believe I get any of the battle scenarios or the sound mods. I also have my Z folder organized by "Date Modified", is that right? For example, the .btt files like "Squash the Doodlebug" are clearly in my Z folder but do not show up in the "Battle" tab of the game. I've since given up on the Band of Brothers music playing (two .rar files, one "Band of Brothers" and the second "Music Splash"). Any help would be appreciated. I've really enjoyed the excellent graphic mods so far.

Schlosskirche, scenarios don't go into the z folder, they go into the Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\Game Files\Scenarios folder. The texture and sound mods go into the z folder.

I keep a copy of all the important folders in another area, and I put all the zips in a folder there. I unzip them there too , and only put the unzipped .brz/folders in the z folder.

It sometimes gets a little confusing!

How to create the mod folder:

1- locate the file named CM Battle for Normandy.app (it should be in Applications/CM Battle for Normandy);

2- right click on CM Battle for Normandy.app and select Show package content;

3- in the new finder window navigate in /Contents/Resources/Data;

4- In /Data, create the new folder named "Z" (or any word starting with "Z"); in this folder you will put all the mods the way Mord explained

Thank you!

Also - drag the new Z folder into the finder sidebar for easy future access!!

• 4 weeks later...
do .rar files not work??

.rar files are just a compressed archive of files lust like .zip files. The mod files you want to install are most likely .brz files (but can be a collection of directories of .bmp and other files).

What you want to do is unpack the .rar file and put the .brz file where it needs to be.