US UBEr Halftrack

Just playing a PBEM with German Mech against US Forces.

Performance German PSW and HAlftracks against US Halftracks looks totally off.

Please do me a favor and Test it yourself. Im the Customer not the "Test" Rabbit.

Im totally upset by it atm.

Those German PSW coudln`t engage 2 Halftracks in Front of them Hatch up on 80m passing them from Left to the Right and got killed by their Second Gunner easily with 12mm API Ammo.

You can have the Email to look at it. They got Second Gunner yes, but the Advantage they gain from that in CMBN is absolutly off the Board and dont match any Hitoric realitiy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really understand either, but im playing the german campaing atm and i have yet to find a way to get the ac s fire their main gun when area firing. I used both target options and the ac s are never using the 2cm cannon, just blazing with their mgs, got 2 killed already because a bazooka team was able to walk through the mg fire...

This Game sucks so badly in some aspects. Like the Mech INf vs. Mech Inf S*** i played right now on PBEM.

Im really disapointed right now. QB are no Fun anymore.

Hope for some seroius Fixing and Patches. So long i put it back in the lower drawer.

Interesting ,in the only game with a U.S. halftrack I've played so far the thing never got a shot off. It was getting penetrated and running away too quickly by small arms. I think I went through 3 or 4 .50 gunners. The bullets went in and rattled around a bit, just like Bradley said in "Patton"!

I've noticed the AC's don't like to use their 20mm as much as I'd like either, but I've seen it eat up some inf, even scared off a Sherman once. Maybe not willing to use up the ammo in area fire?

Taki calm down please and tell us whats the problem.

1: Psw doesnt shoot?

2: Halftrack doesnt shoot?

3: Psw goes down too fast?

4: Halftrack goes down too fast?

Dont try to blaim the whole game for one or two problems.

There are some issues with Psw crew and BF is working on that atm.

[a whole bunch of unreadable ramblings]

Please do yourself a favor: try to calm down and explain your issues in a way that is actually understandable by a human being.

I was under the impresstion that the Armored Cars 20mm only fired AP rounds...in essense focus on Anti-Armor use.

The German armored cars armed with a 20 mm main gun have both HE and AP ammunition, though they carry a majority of AP. (For what it's worth, when playing the Panzer Marsh campaign, I had no problem getting some PSW 234s to fire their main gun on an area fire order. Actually, I got them to empty their HE loads in the recon scenario before realizing that they wouldn't get resupplied later... :D)

Those German PSW coudln`t engage 2 Halftracks in Front of them Hatch up on 80m passing them from Left to the Right and got killed by their Second Gunner easily with 12mm API Ammo.

You can have the Email to look at it. They got Second Gunner yes, but the Advantage they gain from that in CMBN is absolutly off the Board and dont match any Hitoric realitiy.

This is absolutely realistic. The .50 cal eats up halftrack armor.

Stay back and use your 20mm cannon from a distance. Don't engage from 80 m out.

From what I could gather about Taki's problem(s) ... I agree, a halftrack is going to get totally chewed up by about anything at 80m.

Halftracks are not tanks!! ... I wouldn't feel safe being shot by a .45 colt pistol at 80m while inside one of those. Would you??

Well...I'd feel safer inside it than standing between it and the pistol.

;)

Michael

Famous line from a WWII movie (I think it was To Hell and Back), "How thick do you think this GI shirt is?" - the reply a soldier gave to a Sherman tanker who said his tank only had a few of inches of armor.

I recently saw a 20mm H/T take out an M5 light with a side shot...that's credible, especially since it was up close and personal, firing from a side street as the tank came down the main drag.

As for the .50 cal, well, Ma Deuce was the army's primary anti-tank weapon, believe it or not, until we licensed the German 37mm gun for our own use. It has the ability to penetrate light armor like H/T's which only have a quarter inch everywhere except for the drivers windshield armor, which is .50". German AC's and HT's are fair game for the .50.

What frustrates me is that the US 37mm round is solid and it takes several hits from one to knock out most of the German 8-wheelers.

If words cant express (in English) what you mean.

Take a look at those 2 Files:

http://ul.to/5542e7iu

and

http://ul.to/60td0pp2

Pw = Mistery

Tell me what you think.

I still like this Game. But in some aspects its screwed. It just dont feel right. Sometimes some real wired things happen.

Like "How on Earth can 3 Halftracks pass and Hatch Opened SCOUTcar in 80m Distance INFRONT if him and kill it?"

I know i know, its the Random and extraordinary Results that the New Engine Produces no more abstraction jadda jadda... but that was the thing i really likes in CMx1! The Random outcome. In Cmx2 i really hate it when it comes down to that apologys for satupid results the Gameengine Produces!

If words cant express (in English) what you mean.

Take a look at those 2 Files:

http://ul.to/5542e7iu

and

http://ul.to/60td0pp2

Pw = Mistery

Tell me what you think.

I still like this Game. But in some aspects its screwed. It just dont feel right. Sometimes some real wired things happen.

Like "How on Earth can 3 Halftracks pass and Hatch Opened SCOUTcar in 80m Distance INFRONT if him and kill it?"

I know i know, its the Random and extraordinary Results that the New Engine Produces no more abstraction jadda jadda... but that was the thing i really likes in CMx1! The Random outcome. In Cmx2 i really hate it when it comes down to that apologys for satupid results the Gameengine Produces!

I just watch the first turn. Indeed 3 halftracks went "FAST" across the scout car. The scout car tried to shoot them with the 22mm but missed because it did not lead enough or because the turret was too slow and when it had a stationary shot it chose to use the MG34 instead of the 22mm.

However, the scout car was NERVOUS and was FULLY suppressed by after *something* penetrating through the side of its hull. After the scout car missed the US halftracks but killed a couple guys dismounting, the halftracks unleashed their .50 cal in the side of the scout car from about 150m.

I would say you were unlucky not to be kill one halftrack and it was strange the scout car did not use the autocannon on the stationary target, but nothing out of the ordinary, especially if the scout car has a full suppression meter and was nervous.