Bug? Giving Ammo to Dead Guys

One member of my 2-man AT team gets hit. He's carrying some Bazooka ammo, so I get my Bazooka guy to give him buddy aid, hoping to recover some of the rounds.

cmnormandy2011060519563.png

When the buddy aid finishes, 3 Bazooka rounds disappear from the healthy Bazooka man.

cmnormandy2011060519564.png

I'll bet the issue is that buddy aid causes the casualty's body to vanish from the game. While his body is still there, the game probably still allows ammo sharing with it (which seems reasonable enough, and is undoubtedly easier code-wise). Once the body vanishes, the soldier (and his gear) are removed from the game, and the ammo is no longer available for use by the survivor (or anyone else). I'd further wager that this is an unfortunate side effect of the game engine working as intended.

You could test this by simply moving the survivor away from the injured ammo carrier before anyone performs buddy aid; if his ammo count drops after moving away several action spaces, the casualty is "sharing" his ammo with the survivor. Alternatively, moving another bazooka team near the body should result in their ammo count going up, for the same reason.

Four rounds is probably all the survivor can carry on his own (which again seems reasonable, since he also has a Garand, rifle ammo, the bazooka itself, and all his other gear). Although, looking at the last picture again, the survivor only seems to have two rounds himself; does the rest of the squad next to him have any more rounds?

I'll bet the issue is that buddy aid causes the casualty's body to vanish from the game.

Correct.

You could test this by ...

You don't need to, the test is already in the screenshots above. During buddy aid Tube Guy has two bazooka rounds, as shown by the little icons to the right of his rank insignia. After buddy aid he still has two bazooka rounds, as shown by the little icons to the right of his rank insignia.

The number in green shows all rounds he can possibly use in the local area (I suspect that the squad to his left is carrying two rounds)