The Peng Challenge Thread: Loading 29%

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I was thinking that your witty reparte would be something along the lines of:

"I'm not a mamby-pamby girlie-man, but my pixeltruppen play like one in CMBN."

And, not surprisingly, you're wrong again.

But, that's okay. You wear your wrongness with pride. You wear it like a great cloak that protects you and keeps you warm in the night.

Your wrongness is your best thing. Therefore, revel in it! Stand tall in the world and shout to all and sundry, "I'm herr_oberst! And I'm wrong!"

Finished the first training mission. Only took me about 4 hours of mucking about, trying to decipher who was what and what control did what and what constitutes bocage and how it differs from small, ornamental shrubs. And why mg ammo carriers don't just normally gravitate to mgs.

"Hey Sarge! We've got a bunch of .50 cal. ammo here!"

"The .50 is on the other side of the map!"

"Oh... huh... guess we missed our off ramp..."

And why my guys are moving in one direction, but when they stop, they're spotting 180 degrees in the other direction. And why, right in the middle of a fire fight, one of my guys will take off his helmet and scratch his head. Is the lice problem that prevalent, Sparky?

Anyways... I suffered a minor defeat. Didn't take St. Martin's farm and I didn't take the crossroads, although I was only a few yards away from it and all the Germans in the vicinity were dead! Dead!! Dead!!!

Except for the ones cowering (Yes! COWERING!) at the end of the map.

I think I'll play it again and see if I have a better handle on it, before I move on.

I should be ready for PBEM play just about the time CMx3 comes out, where the action is projected right on your eyeballs!

But right now I'm going to start drinking.

And if you think property values have plummeted already, watch them belly flop now.
Far be it from me to suggest that the Peng Challenge Thread participate in a deception, but in this case we're talking about the financial health of the entire country.

Can we perhaps have Stuka use an alias when he arrives ... I'd have recommended Osama Bin Laden but that's not much good anymore ... maybe

Muammar Gaddafi?

Joe

Anthony Weiner? Stuka can then be accused of driving his Weiner around? American politician, should be enough to drive Stuka nuts, so all for it.

Rune

True rune, but I'm planning for a bigger result ... (and no that's not a thingie reference) ... ideally it would lessen the impact of Stuka being here, and really any name other than his can only be better, but it would also lead to some deleterious impact on Stuka himself. I'm not sure that a Weiner connection would cause enough of a problem for him.

Joe