Vierville PBEM VAAR

It's a self made mod that I haven't shared yet, but I can upload it.

Yeah, those look pretty fantastic (and the video is no slouch, either!). Judging from this thread, I think there are at least a couple downloads for the base mods if you ever want to put them on the server.

best.

video.

evar.

I want to do something like this with my PBEMs too... but it takes so much time! Loading up each save file, capturing the bits and pieces, then editing them together.... sigh.............. so much easier to set fraps running and use the in-game controls, but that doesn't work :( (because of the no replays, you see.)

Wonderful job indeed !

But hey, how could the Germans stand a chance against the Amis ? They behave exacly like the small ants ("fourmis sucre") I was fighting against day after day in French Guyana : infinite, stubborn and restless :eek:

Isn't this scenario a bit unbalanced ?

PS : what music did you use in your videos ?

I noticed that

a 150mm shell hits the trees where the Americans are at, and two or three trees suddenly disappear. Was this a graphics glitch or were the trees actually blown up by the explosion? I don't seem to recall ever seeing a tree completely disappear like that, even after battleship sized artillery shelling.

Wonderful job indeed !

But hey, how could the Germans stand a chance against the Amis ? They behave exacly like the small ants ("fourmis sucre") I was fighting against day after day in French Guyana : infinite, stubborn and restless :eek:

Isn't this scenario a bit unbalanced ?

PS : what music did you use in your videos ?

George has had some misfortunes in this game, and possibly also some questionable tactics... but I'm quite sure that I can win this one without a sweat. However, I could see him doing some damage as well. I know that he has 81mm mortars but they haven't fired yet. If he manages to knock my one tank out, that considerably weakens my ability to support the assault. And so on.

The music in the first part is Holst's Mars the Bringer of War, in the second Sibelius' Lemminkäinen's Return.

I noticed that
a 150mm shell hits the trees where the Americans are at, and two or three trees suddenly disappear. Was this a graphics glitch or were the trees actually blown up by the explosion? I don't seem to recall ever seeing a tree completely disappear like that, even after battleship sized artillery shelling.

Yes, the trees were blown away. It can happen, although usually if the shells hit the top of the trees, it will do more damage to the branches.

Yes good work. New game promotion material and standard imo.

Seems like quite an agressive style there, or is that the impression because you edit to the action?

Could be both. Of course I'm leaving out most of the 'sitting on your thumb' scenes, and there's a lot of that as well. But it's also my tactic. I wanted to locate the enemy before my reinforcements arrived, and to do so I had to push my first two platoons into contact. It worked, although I lost seven guys in the 2nd platoon in just three minutes time. So it can be risky.

I just played the Vierville scenario from the American side vs. AI. It was interesting to say the least, a good time. And, as I was sending scout teams out to investigate enemy positions, I couldn't help but think this looked like the scenario in Sergei's video. LoL, guess it was.