Sign in to follow this  
scottie

win 7 64 bit 11.5 drivers WeGo progress bar jumps out to desktop until compile done

windows 7 64 bit

ATI 6900 series graphics card

11.5 drivers

Like many i had problem with the exe staying alive after exiting the game , occational white screen problem too. Upgraded to 11.5 (latest drivers) and these issues were resolved but now i find:

1) during the percentage bar load when loading the map i get a blank screen (images disappears) and the windows 7 blue circle spinner appears until the map loads. Has to be said the map still loads ok.

2) during WeGo , again during the progress bar compile stage the software bails out to the windows desktop then loads the game again (at correct place) after the first second of the WeGo turn. Again i can still play the game , and real time is fine.

Thanks for any advice.

Scott

I haven't heard of your particular issue from anyone else so far, so I don't know what could be going on.

While the 11.5 drivers seem to fix a number of issues with CMBN and ATI/AMD video cards, they still seem erratic. It's possible that some of this behavior may be unique to certain video cards/families. One machine I've run CMBN on has an AMD integrated video which is marginal for CMBN use, but still manages to work. Sometimes the game will work and other times it won't respond to my mouse-wheel or it does other strange things (some of which it did not do before installing the 11.5's).

ATI/AMD has often had problems with the way we present 2D data. Sometimes requiring an Alt-Tab to redraw the screen. Nvidia sometimes suffers this issue too, but ATI/AMD seems to suffer from this issue a little more often.

windows 7 64 bit

ATI 6900 series graphics card

11.5 drivers

Like many i had problem with the exe staying alive after exiting the game , occational white screen problem too. Upgraded to 11.5 (latest drivers) and these issues were resolved but now i find:

1) during the percentage bar load when loading the map i get a blank screen (images disappears) and the windows 7 blue circle spinner appears until the map loads. Has to be said the map still loads ok.

Scott

I have something similiar. I sstart to hand at I think 31% and again at 70%. If I alt tab out and come back I have a white screen with the spinning cursor for about 2 minutes and then everthing is loaded. Its not quite the same but I never saw this until I made a folder for mods. I am wondering if its the mods now.

Windows 7 64 bit

ATI 5970 with 11.5 drivers

Come to think of it. the night I installed some mods I also went from catalyst 11.3 to 11.5.

Sign in to follow this