Yskonyn

Some performance and quality tips for NVIDIA users

BFC has stated many times that they have contacted either/both of Nvidia and AMD about their non-standard OpenGL implementation and that nothing has changed in a timely fashion. (AMD did fix that mouse coordinate issue, but it took almost 2 years.)

Now, if BFC had a huge market presence and was a powerhouse in the gaming world with million dollar tournaments, then I'm willing to bet that Nvidia and AMD would be tripping over themselves to fix problems. "AstroCat only trusts his BFC gaming to AMD!" followed by, "Yeah, see, when a Tiger is rounding on your squad, I found that Nvidia lagged too much and mixed textures. AMD is faster, cleaner, and clearer. I'll only trust my pixel troops to AMD. They know how to implement OpenGL."  Then, as your fans all swap to AMD, Nvidia sales plummet. They'll start mailing you cards hoping for you to agree to a "1090 AstroCat" card. "I'm impressed by Nvidia and how they've turned their game around. By using the 1090 AstroCat card, I've been able to turn MY game around, too."

;)

Unfortunately for us, we have a small producer in a niche game market using open source code for the graphics engine. If more of "us" contact the card makers, maybe they'll start changing? Hit the Nvidia forums; send in tech support requests; hound them in every tech website.

Ken

haha, yeah yeah... ;) :) I admit I don't know the code BF uses but I would think they could adapt to driver progression on some level. Overall I think/believe the cmx2 engine isn't/wasn't the way to go moving forward, I have been critical of cmx2 since the day of it's release (forum posts to prove it). It never worked "right" regardless of whichever driver version or graphics card since day 1, which has been a real bummer and I'm sure has hurt business along the way.

Since "normal" SS is now broken here are the best results I've come up with for all cmx2 games without using an outside shader.

You need the latest nvidiaProfileInspector.exe - here: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

Then select the combat mission profile and add the .exe to the profile for the CM games you own. Then use these settings and hit Apply changes. Please make sure AA is on in-game as well. I have a Gsync monitor so I use 40fps limit with Vsync off. If you need Vysnc on I recommend turning on Triple Buffering and removing the limit, unless you think 30fps is more realistic performance then use that.

NIcmx2_zpsqml10k8u.jpg

Edited by AstroCat