Display Size

Hi,

i love this game but unfortunatly my computer can t really handle it but

in minimum settings.

i tried to open Display Size.txt and put 800 600 but when it won't work.

is there a way to play this game 800 600 resolution ?

ty

Are you raising the '3D Texture Quality' or the '3D Model Quality' ? You may want to try just raising the '3D Texture Quality' and see what sort of difference that makes. '3D Model Quality' tends to slow things down moreso than the Texture Quality.

I'm not sure of the details on how CMBN manages its textures and models. I've seen a fairly short distances for LODs transitions (where the quality drops at a certain distance from the camera) with some of the integrated chips (and this was with the 'Roadblock' scenario, which is fairly small). If that is the case, then CMBN is deciding that there isn't enough video RAM to manage all of the textures and models on screen.

Do you know which Catalyst driver you have installed ? With the Radeon Mobility you may be limited to drivers from your laptop manufacturer. I'm not sure if a newer driver will address some of the performance problems, most likely not, but it may be worth trying. If you can find newer drivers, make sure to have a copy of your current ones on hand just in case the new ones don't work.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I thought it was kinda relevant.

Is anyone else finding that the game runs kinda slow? I recently bought an i7 2600k along with 8GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, running on my slightly aged Radeon 4870X2. I'm running the game at 1920x1080 with all Texture and Model quality on 'Improved', with Multisampling turned on, and I the best framerate I seem to get is around 20-30, on some scenes it goes all the way down to 10. I shudder at the thought of how it would run on older computers o_O

Anything we can do on our part to optimise the game a little bit? I'd have thought that the top CPU out at the moment, with a decent GPU would be able to run the game a bit better.

Trees really hit game performance. But other than that, I haven't noticed any performance problems. It's not like the game really needs high FPS (at least in WEGO).

I'm running a Phenom II x4 at 3.8 GHz with a 5870 on a 2560x1600 monitor with everything at max and the only time I'll have any performance hits that I find irritating are occasionally when i pan around.

It should default to your desktop resolution if you set it to that option. Otherwise you can set it to anything you want by editing the display size.txt file in the CMBN directory. The instructions on how to do this are in the readme file.