anyone still on the forum? need some help plz

Hi. I've used the sound mod done by a member named "Tartari", and I've decided to make a sound mod on my own, since I've got a couple of good sources for weapon sounds. Could you please explain to us what the following fields in the preset files do?

1. what does the [spl] field do? what does the number under it specify?

2. what sort of property does "infinite=0" or "infinite=1" control?

3. and the line, mode=normal, wot does that do? are there any other, like, "modes"?

4. and the property "numadj ", wots that i wonder?

Well, I'd be more grateful if you could provide us with a list of such parameters so that I'd know wot value to set when making the mod.

Thanks a lot.

Say I've got something of this sort:

[common]

mode normal

numadj 1

vgroup mg

[spl]

[samples]

7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round.wav

7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_1.wav

7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_2.wav

7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_3.wav

7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_4.wav

7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_5.wav

7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_6.wav

[sample.7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_1.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_2.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_3.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_4.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_5.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.7_92mm_Hotchkiss_wz_25_1_round_6.wav]

infinite 1

Could anyone please explain to me the functionality of each statement?

I've already figured these out and have finished the Soviet small arms. But thank you anyway, mate. Don't think anyone would still be intersted in this anymore now, though.

Alright...but before i'm accused of plagiarism, I'd like to disclaim that the German and American sounds are done by Tartari. Since he's no longer active on the forum, I assume I can use it so long as I acknowledge the source.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DBIM7AXD

This includes the American and German small arm sounds, as described above; the Russian weapons sounds including those of the cannons.

Hello Wen,

PPSH Sound has an error you can hear no more shots!

DP-27 sound is very good

Mosin sound are kind of funny ^ ^ Have you made ​​any difference?

The guns sound are good.

Now I have only tested the Russian.

The U.S. and German Oand are Tatari.

Good work keep it up

@ Dark, alter Gauner^^

Actually, nearly all of the sounds that I've done have been altered. The PTRD is changed the most, for better, I assure you. Yes I have changed the Mosin Nagant as well, and I have noticed that now it sounds funny, like a popped balloon :( anyway in the next release all these wonky stuff will be changed. As for the PPSH, it's done by Tartari as well, I forgot to mention, and I will definitely do something to improve it.

I am moving on to the British weapon sounds, after which I will do the Polish and French ones. The German and American cannons need sound replacements as well. The whole thing might be out in early June.

Thanks for your support :)

Ach I've made a huge mistake. I never realised that the Russian 120mm gun was actually the artillery support :( thought it was a usable unit or something. better not change it after all if I can't find a good one.

By the way some of the cannon sounds are not authentic; since I really can't find the proper ones anywhere, I've got to make some compromise to historical accuracy in favour of immersion :) I got the 152mm from a Finnish 155mm howeitzer, 88mm from a 90mm AT gun, Flak 37 SFX from a Shilka, and a lot more. They seem ridiculous, but still produce good effect.

Alright...but before i'm accused of plagiarism, I'd like to disclaim that the German and American sounds are done by Tartari. Since he's no longer active on the forum, I assume I can use it so long as I acknowledge the source.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DBIM7AXD

This includes the American and German small arm sounds, as described above; the Russian weapons sounds including those of the cannons.

I'm still alive! I'm currently making a soundmod for ToW2 and ToW3, with new and better sounds.

Why did you include my soundmod, is 'nt it still available here at the repository?

anyway i'm very glad you liked it!

Hi Tartari. I included your sound mod just for convenience, so that those that can't be bothered getting the mod would find it much easier to get the it to work. The reason why I didn't mention it in the first place was because I didn't think of releasing a preliminary version :)

Thought you weren't on the forum anymore, sorry. So could I build my mod on the basis of yours? I shall finishe what you started.

Hi Tartari. I included your sound mod just for convenience, so that those that can't be bothered getting the mod would find it much easier to get the it to work. The reason why I didn't mention it in the first place was because I didn't think of releasing a preliminary version :)

Thought you weren't on the forum anymore, sorry. So could I build my mod on the basis of yours? I shall finishe what you started.

ok, no problem for me!

in fact I finished my mod (small arms, artillery, planes, ambiance, motors) , but didn't released it for ToW1 because the sound system is way better in ToW2!

I believe that "the betterness" you mention which they managed to implement in ToW2, are distant sound effects, right? I think this was achieved either by a skilful mix of close recordings with distant ones (sound weighting dependant on in-game distance), or by proper equalization of sound files.

I've always wondered how could you tweak a sound file, that was recorded from a close range to a weapons barrel (or explosion), to achieve the effect of distant sound.

Anyone?

Umm how do I change the properties, so that: if the sound for one round hasn't finished playing and the next round is already fired, the sound of the first round is muted and the 2nd keeps playing?

• 2 weeks later...

1C is really making a dog's breakfast of the weapon sound effects. I just realised that a SU-122 m-30 gun shares the same sound effects with the 122mm M-30 howitzer for artillery support. I hope there aren't too many of these instances, or it'd prove to be a complicated task.