Generic Farm-Bocage Map

Are any scenario-makers interested in a 600m x 600m map? It has a lot of different features...marshy water courses, woods, lots of bocage, sunken lanes, farmsteads. Good infantry country...take your chances with armor.:) I'll upload it if so.

It's not ready for QB, since there are no AI plans for it...I don't know how to do that without having units assigned. How does BFC do that, anyway? Just paint in various AI group plans, and then when one side is picked by the player, the game assigns various enemy units to those plans? But I digress...

GenericFarmCountryMap.jpg

TopView-GenericFarmCountryMap.jpg

Go for it.

Speaking which how do you indicate to the game that a map you design is suitable for QB or not? What I'm getting at is, if it has no AI plans how does the game know that the map should only be used for human on human battles. Of if you create a AI plans for infantry only how does the game know not to use the map for QBs with armour?

Mjkerner. Really all you have to do is paint in the AI paths and set the times they will leave the painted areas. It depends on what mission you want. Judging by the map with the farm in the middle. Id say meeting engagement.

For QBs i make 3 AI plans for each side, with 2 groups for each plan for each side.

Just paint in the areas where you want the groups to deploy, then move to.

Id just have two groups pincering on the farm for one plan. The next plan id have both do a straight down the middle assault. And for the final plan id have one group attack, then the other attack from a flank later on. Say about 15 minutes into the game.

Dont forget to paint in support areas as well where you want the AI to drop its artillery.

Hey, you guys got a bonus scenario...half finished. I uploaded the version from my Game File, instead of from myseparate Mods file. A platoon of US Airborne troopers have to take the farm. It was a long way from being done, even though the Germans do have an AI plan.

I'll upload a clean map here and at GreenAsJades. Sorry for the confusion.