Missing QB Options?

I'm reading the section of the manual on QBs, pg 52 specifically. There is a list of adjustable parameters listed under Unit Options and a description of each. The problem is that some of those listed are not in the game, or at least if they are I can't find them.

Between the Combat Force and Unit Purchase options there are 3 other options listed in the manual.

Type

Quality

Max. Fitness

But on the actual main QB screen they are not there. Were they cut at the last minute or is there some trick to making them show up?

I'm reading the section of the manual on QBs, pg 52 specifically. There is a list of adjustable parameters listed under Unit Options and a description of each. The problem is that some of those listed are not in the game, or at least if they are I can't find them.

Between the Combat Force and Unit Purchase options there are 3 other options listed in the manual.

Type

Quality

Max. Fitness

But on the actual main QB screen they are not there. Were they cut at the last minute or is there some trick to making them show up?

Choose Manual purchase rather than automatic and I believe you'll see them on that screen when you buy the units.

Joe

But i think it should be possible to use "automatic" and just set Type, Quality and Max. Fitness.

Is this a error or what ?

Manual says:

These options define the units that both sides will be playing with. Units can be

either purchased by the player(s) or are selected randomly, based on the

parameters chosen in this screen.

Service[...]

Combat Force[...]

Type[...]

Quality[...]

Max. Fitness[...]

Baneman,

Those are not the droids we are looking for. These options are supposed to be on the previous main QB screen and are intended to place restrictions on what you can choose in the screen you're looking at, i.e. Quality restricts what quality you can select. Without those options the player, or the autopicker, can choose anything!

Quality is under the "formations" drop down menu in the upper left. It defaults to "typical."

Changing any of these has an effect on the purchase price, so neither the player nor the AI gets anything for free.

There seems to be some confusion as to what we are talking about. The options we are referring to aren't even on the unit purchase screen. They are, or are supposed to be, on the previous QB setup screen where you select the Date and Weather.

The Quality pulldown you refer to is simply a quick way of making sure units have higher or lower quality equipment when you are purchasing. It places no restriction on what you can purchase.

Since it seems the Wiggum and I are the only 2 people who have read the QB section of the manual ;) here is an example:

Type: this defines the rough composition of the unit based on the previous choices. For example, for an Infantry Branch, the choice could be Heavy Infantry, Medium Infantry or Light Infantry.

If you guys can find those options anywhere in the game, please tell us where they are.

Hi Guys,

The QB purchase system is working as designed. The reference in the manual to "type", "quality", "max. fitness" being available on the first screen is an error. It appears to be a holdover from the CMSF manual.

As you can see, you have to choose "human" instead of "automatic" to have access to the various options in the main purchase screen.

Thanks for clearing that up, guys.

I wish those options, or something similar, had been kept in for CMBN. Although I'm pleased with the QB system overall, it really needs some finer control over what is allowed. Armor only, infantry only and Anything You Want is all we have for now.

Slightly derailing this thread, but is there a way to set points for QB´s like in CMx1 ? Like, In CMx1 I choose a 3000 point battle or a 1250 point one or ...

I´m guessing that this option is gone and you choose points through that tiny, small, medium size setting ?