Sign in to follow this  
Rankorian

The Finns

Where are the Finns?

I don't mean to upset Battlefront, and I know they have a lot to do.

But I think we might be able to keep a thread alive until.....maybe several years from now...the module finally arrives where those Giants from Finland ride their Reindeer into that Winter War against KV-1s.

They didn't throw StuGs. That's silly and a waste of a good tractor.

They just threw wooden logs hard enough to penetrate the KV-1's frontal armour at ranges up to 1000m. That's why you see so many pictures of Finnish StuGs with logs lashed to their sides - they're carrying ammo...

Where are the Finns?

Here I am! As for the other Finns I think they still celebrate the fact that we now are icehochey world champions 2011 when we kicked the crap out of sweden in the final match!

I hope finns appear in the sequel CM Barbarossa/Bagration after the three modules for Normandy get done. How about it BF? Any plans for that to happen?

gentlemen,

You forget the all-time classic movie where the Finns, speaking their yub yub langiage, manages to take out a superior armoured force, with their log defense. I believe it was call "Return of the Jedi"

Rune

Finns are undefeatable because of their natural athletism and cat-like reflexes that allow them to take cover immediately when threatened.

3g3h0.gif

Amazing reflexes. The fall looks perfectly natural.

Aren't then in Finland?

Seriously though, I can't wait to command some pixelskietruppen. Just hope some snow terrain is modelled in, or their mobility will be 0.

We could do this in CMBN: A scenario where some Finns who moved to the Mid-West of the US meet a captured KV-2 tank in Normandy......and.....and....I guess it was not snowing in June....and...um....I guess their country is on the other side....um...beat the tank with reindeer horns until the poor morale troops bail.

Sound like a good scenario? And....why doesn't Battlefront model reindeer horn beating of armor correctly!

Well when the Bagration game comes out, if they do a Finn module it would cover the Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive. Perhaps someone could expound about this and suggest what we might see.