Plz note: Small unit scenarios are just as fun as the larger ones!

I really had a fun time with the 'securing the river' small unit scenario. I love how versatile this engine is.. You can play a large scenario and have a blast, and then you can equally well simulate a small unit engagement where you are zoomed in on the action the whole time. The smaller map is just as detailed and its more intimate.. you really feel a little closer to your silicon soldiers.

Just impressed how you are able to do both things well. Congrats !

In fact I prefer small scale scenarios anytime. Not only in this game, but in any tactical wargame. Company level and below is the sweet spot for me.

You got that right. Played a great little (tiny) quick battle last night and loved every minute of it. Superb gameplay and a feisty German opposition made for some fun times. The scenarios I throw out to the community will also be this scale ... first one is a planned bridge capture near the tiny village of Sainte-Marie-Laumont as the Yanks drive south of St. Lo.

Just finished that one myself and it was great. Quite challenging with limited mortar rounds and avenues of approach.

Total Victory but not without a price. Tough watching a German MG42 unload on one of my squads trying to cross open field.

Small issue: I noted in the briefing (US side) that one of the objectives is to "Destroy US Forces" :(

(On that note, I wonder if BF would want to sticky a "bug/issue/errata"-type thread so they can collect stuff for review, post-release?)

I also much prefer the smaller battles.

This also highlights my one quibble with the game. Looking at the 'Battle' list I cannot see any indication as to the size of the engagements - if I'm missing the obvious please tell me.

agreed. That was one of the things I really appreciated aboutCMBO, etc. You could see the size of the engagement from the menu. Not sure how to do that yet (if at all) in CMBN. Also, where is the 'Securing the River' battle? I don't see it in the list. It must be within a campaign?