Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

License Key Issue - Server Connection Failed

Input my license key - hit OK and get the following message:

"Connection to Checkpoint server has failed. Please contact your vendor for assistance."

So, what do I do now?

My guess, Try again. The activation server is probably getting a workout with everyone downloading and installing..

Somehow I don't think that is the reason.

You could try to manually activate instead if there is a problem with your connection.

No luck - got the following message:

Sorry, Authorization Request Code is invalid.

License Key - Manual Activation

Could the issue be w/ the license key?

Or I may have screwed up the manual activation as I didn't complete it correctly when I tried it - w/o reading ALL the directions - back when I first posted the issue.

I've got a similar problem.

I downloaded on a laptop and copied the setup file to my main PC which has no internet access.

I got the Authorization request code after the install finished and entered that below the Setup.exe License key number on the battlefront activation web page. However I get an error that the request code is wrong. I Have tried with and without dashes and upper/lower case. Nothing works.

The response to the ticket told me to try it again as it may be server related issues. I did and same error:

Input my license key - hit OK and get the following message:

"Connection to Checkpoint server has failed. Please contact your vendor for assistance."

...the error message comes up in less than a second so I doubt there is any messaging traveling across the net (or is that an unwarranted assumption?).

I had Spyware Doctor installed and uninstalled it. No dice.

Time to get creative here. What about:

- Proxy settings?

- Data Execution Prevention issues?

- I already used up my license allotment somehow?

- Corrupted d/l (how can you check the app/dll that controls the licensing?)

C'mon I'm counting on you guys as I am drooling watching everyone else have all the fun.

Same type of problem, but I get a message saying my activation code is not valid. Help desk has been on it since 07:28 this morning. Hope to receive a fix soon.

I'm not familiar with the workings of the licensing server. Are you using some sort of proxy (some security programs may implement one) ?

You shouldn't need DEP settings for the new licensing system. We generally discourage those settings with the Online Activation System.

I don't suspect that you have a corrupted download or you most likely would have had an issue during the installation rather than during licensing.

What security software are you using on your computer. I've typically associated Checkpoint with firewalls. I don't know if this is on the licensing server side (quite possibly) or on your side (expensive firewall or corporate setup ?). The licensing system should be using TCP Port 80 to my knowledge, the same as a browser. I'm not sure what kind of 'stateful inspection' could be occurring on a firewall to possibly block the communication with the license server though.

Hi guys,

I am not sure why it wouldn't let you connect to the activation server. The connection, afaik, is a simple web call, similar to a HTTP request through a browser.

As for the Manual activation, well, the important part is to make sure to enter the correct codes. You need to enter two things in order to activate manually:

1) your license key

2) the authorization request code. You get the latter after installing the game on the PC you want to play one, and starting the Manual activation procedure.

After entering this, if everythinf is ok, you should get the authorization code in your web browser, and have to copy that back into the game. So manual activation is a little bit more work than online.

Martin

After entering this, if everythinf is ok, you should get the authorization code in your web browser, and have to copy that back into the game. So manual activation is a little bit more work than online.

Martin

I tried manual activation incorrectly the first time and then correcgtly and got the following message:

"Sorry, Authorization Request Code is invalid.

License Key - Manual Activation"

It keeps giving me the same code in step #1 - could that be an issue since I did receive confirmation from the help ticket that my license code is correct.

Perhaps I should go to a different PC to activate manually? I have 3 more to choose from.

Tried to manually get the code on two different PC's and received the EXACT same error:

Sorry, Authorization Request Code is invalid.

License Key - Manual Activation

...this looks like a license code issue to me.

Can I get new ones?

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this