CMBN Screenshot Thread

No screenshot thread yet, so I thought I'd make one. Post what ya got!

Here's a few as I'm playing through "Busting the Bocage."

28krbt0.jpg

1zfgzns.jpg

14kif5f.jpg

That's gonna hurt!

2yzk4td.jpg

21nf893.jpg

I love how you can see the mortar round launch from the tube (Top left edge of image).

Actually, I already posted some screenshots here:

Well, I've been playing for about five minutes and I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the graphics:

snapshot_dvd_000140_20110512_191516.jpg

The graphics are a bit soft and grainy, and I am unconvinced by the acting. Also shouldn't everyone's uniforms be more dirty (it's war after all).

snapshot_dvd_000300_20110512_191709.jpg

And these German's look almost comically incompetent.

snapshot_dvd_000338_20110512_192427.jpg

I'll give it a bit more time (after all, the producers no doubt invested considerable time and effort into making this movie). But I am beginning to suspect I have wasted my money on this purchase.

If only there were something more productive I could be doing with my time.

Well done on a great demo BF! Sterling work!

cmnormandydemo201105122.jpg

Erm... this didn't happen in Shock Force! Stupid tin machines (mutter mutter).

cmnormandydemo201105130.jpg

Take out my tank then surrender!? Stupid Geneva convention (mutter mutter).

Mmm, me like tanks.

The good old days.

Nice screenies!

Hmm. Is there a key to make screenshots in the game? And where does it put them?

(can't remember how that worked in CMx1)

Not in the game, irrc. But you can hit printsrceen on your keyboard, open graphics program (I use Infranview for these, then edit in Paintshop Pro), hit ctrl + V, and voila!--save to wherever

Well done on a great demo BF! Sterling work!

cmnormandydemo201105122.jpg

Erm... this didn't happen in Shock Force! Stupid tin machines (mutter mutter).

Take out my tank then surrender!? Stupid Geneva convention (mutter mutter).

Mmm, me like tanks.

The good old days.

Great! What kind of mods do you use??

Great! What kind of mods do you use??

I am using an updated version of my effects mod, skies mod, saturated terrain textures, tweaked water, tweaked uniforms, and all new weapon sounds (but you can't see those :P) Once the game proper comes out I'll probably put them up on the repository. it feels a little... ungrateful to put mods up before the game comes out.

To be fair though, BF have done an excellent job with everything.

I am using an updated version of my effects mod, skies mod, saturated terrain textures, tweaked water, tweaked uniforms, and all new weapon sounds (but you can't see those :P) Once the game proper comes out I'll probably put them up on the repository. it feels a little... ungrateful to put mods up before the game comes out.

Thanks, I like the gun barrel FX and flame FX particulary, and I'm also interested in changing the skies, I dont really like the stock ones. I'll keep an eye for them on the repository.

You'd better :P. No but seriously... you'd better.

A slightly upgraded sherman...:rolleyes:

d8e0f72e61.jpg

I personally think the game plays very similar to cmsf.. the tanks seem just as deadly accurate and the infantry action is very similar to red engagements - particularly CMA... not a bad thing at all as cmsf is ace, but I wonder what all the people who dismissed cmsf as being awkward etc think of the new game?

... but I wonder what all the people who dismissed cmsf as being awkward etc think of the new game?

Well, having discovered the helpful Absolute Key Bindings from, Other Means I think, which enable CMx1 keybindings, I don't think it's awkward at all ( I found the separation of commands into Combat/Movement etc. a bit tricky ).

But WWII is where I'm at, the modern thing just doesn't float my boat, no matter how well modelled. I am most grateful for CMSF though, in enabling WWII to be revisited in this new format :)

bridge.png

Almost 20 of my 52 losses in my latest decisive victory in the tutorial caused when a German artillery shell exploded next to the farmhouse little bridge while two platoons were making their run to the farmhouse. Wow. Nasty. And yet I love this game.

CMBN17.jpg

CMBN21.jpg

Stealthy bastards

CMBN04.jpg

CMBN12.jpg

Do you see him ? Well, this cracky Commander did !

CMBN08.jpg

They almost made it but an incoming Panther took the shot...unfortunate seconds later they were taken out by an unseen pineapple thrower.