• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought it for these reasons:

WWII - the only theatre of interest

Research - frustrations with the previous system cause me to shelve SC after several years.

Limited air movement with inclement weather - what can I say but "finally"

Turns out the WWII scenario is great, on top of the above improvement.

Thanks Glabro, glad to hear it and definitely tell all your friends as well :)

Well, I got two friends interested, one more playing.

Now that we're getting greedy, what would be cool would be a 1944 D-Day scenario with the whole ETO map, and based around trying to survive as Germany, with national morale playing a huge part for the Allies (possible US/UK scaling back or even withdrawal if the invasion fails completely with huge losses, and with the Soviets starting to be stretched to the limit).

It would make for a great scenario to really test the axis player, making it ideal where there is a skill mismatch as well.

Now that we're getting greedy, what would be cool would be a 1944 D-Day scenario with the whole ETO map, and based around trying to survive as Germany, with national morale playing a huge part for the Allies (possible US/UK scaling back or even withdrawal if the invasion fails completely with huge losses, and with the Soviets starting to be stretched to the limit).

That is a great and fresh idea! I think that in that kind of scenario the German National Morale should be set really low aswell and strategic bombings should affect it greatly as the Unrestricted Naval Warfare affects UK NM in IWW campaigns. And what about let's say "Festung Europa" campaign, that would start in the early 1943 that would represent last possible attempts of winning the war by Germany? Starting with the Kharkov counteroffensive and German attack agains weak US forces in Tunisia. It would be kind of last chance roll of dice, similar to the "Fate Of Nations" IWW campaign. The important features affecting NM would be the Allied strategic bombing and the submarine warfare waged by Germany as the last attempt in order to starve Britain?

Well, I got two friends interested, one more playing.

It would make for a great scenario to really test the axis player, making it ideal where there is a skill mismatch as well.

A cool scenario would be D-Day with the Normandy coast being the entire map with turns representing maybe a couple of hours. Any modders out there up to it?

A cool scenario would be D-Day with the Normandy coast being the entire map with turns representing maybe a couple of hours. Any modders out there up to it?

Combat mission battle for Normandy has a user made map that tries to simulate this, check that forum also on battlefront.com. Sorry don't have a link I'm on iPhone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm have two problems with the WWII add-on, both in Russia. One, which others have noted, is that it's hard to avoid Stalin declaring war first. But secondly, in my campaign Russian morale starts very high and the morale of many of my German units is low even though they are on the offensive. But obviously high Russian morale and low German morale makes the going in Russia unrealistically tough for 1941.

Can anyone explain? Thanks.

I'm have two problems with the WWII add-on, both in Russia. One, which others have noted, is that it's hard to avoid Stalin declaring war first. But secondly, in my campaign Russian morale starts very high and the morale of many of my German units is low even though they are on the offensive. But obviously high Russian morale and low German morale makes the going in Russia unrealistically tough for 1941.

Can anyone explain? Thanks.

If you are playing from the beginning then I suspect your troops have not had enough time to rest and refit or they were sitting in an area with low to no supply. Also, if they were recently brought up to strength or have suffered high losses this too would affect unit morale.

Hi

Using Forced March or Operating units by rail prior to launching Barbarossa will seriously reduce their morale, so as Wlape3 says above, resting your units after doing either of those moves with them is a good idea.

Timing the conquest of some minor neutrals to coincide with launching the invasion will help, as it will boost up your unit morale and reduce the enemy's.

Keeping your units as close to good supply sources and HQ as possible too... but admittedly if you do this too much, it won't be Blitzkrieg!

Bill