First Impressions

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too tired to full on review, tomorrow for that. Seems like its gonna be great overall. Only complaint/concern I have is on the performance... shadows are the biggest fps killer for me. Gonna have to get a good balance of fps vs graphics. My system is pretty alright so it should be doable. What have the beta testers experienced? Any advice?

Q9650 @3.6Ghz

EVGA 580 gtx SSC (270.61 drivers - latest)

4GB DDR2

Vista64

Oh and thanks for the demo! :)

Nice, uploaded about an hour it seems and by the time it is done downloading for me it'll be time for bed which means I won't get to check it out till I get off. What a shock. :rolleyes:

Damn I hate that &@$!(@!!#$ stupid Murphy sob. :mad: Oh well, guess I know what I'll be doing during my training on the iphone :P

The German mirror is hanging now for about 15 minutes, the Filefactory download site did work - at 50 kB/sec for a download time af 4 to 5 hours. Seems I have to wait for the steel box to arrive :(.

To hasty: the German Mirror of Worth Playing started after all - and it ges a whopping 300 kB speed. Just 30 minutes left....

Installed without problems.

Computer: Laptop Sony VAiO VPCZ13V9E/X

Windows 7 Pro x64

Intel® Core™ i7-640M-processor (2.8 GHz)

Ram: 6 gig, DDR3

GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU (1600 x 900)

I tried highest settings (except AA) and it run ok (bit laggy with loading in scenery when changing camera), haven't looked for a FPS meter or installed FRAPS. But playable with the included training mission in real time.

But first I had to set High Priority Process = On, when it was set to off the game didn't respond to my mouse/keyboard inputs, felt very laggy, could move camera around but not interact with units or menus.

Going to try balanced settings or bit higher later on to see how it run with a GT330M, first impression was good though :)

Now, back to work... arrgh!!

Wow, absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't too impressed with the bocage combat at first, but its grown on me a bit. It seems that the advantage goes to the attacker though as its almost impossible to have a defense in depth supporting the front lines.

Enough for tonight or I may not go to bed at all. really beautiful guys, the maps, sound effects, vehicle models. It's Christmas early. Funniest part was hearing my pixeltruppen muttering "take a look at that" and me responding "oh yeah!"

So far the "worthplaying" site is far faster. I'm getting 2.3Mb/sec from them and only about 50-70Kb/sec from the "filefactory". I've installed it... and its gorgeous. I'm going to try the US training mission at max settings. I'm running...

I7 920 quad

13gb DDR3 ram

Win7 Home

2xnvidia 9800's SLI'd

Thanks for the thumbs up! We're happy to finally have it out to you guys.

Wow, absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't too impressed with the bocage combat at first, but its grown on me a bit. It seems that the advantage goes to the attacker though as its almost impossible to have a defense in depth supporting the front lines.

In general the attacker has an advantage in that he can pick where, when, and how he attacks. The defender basically has to sit and wait it out. In this sense Bocage doesn't really help out the defender too much. However, after forces are engaged then things can become quite a bit more interesting for the attacker. In more forgiving terrain once the attacker breaks through the main line the rear has had it. Not necessarily so with Bocage.

Without giving anything away... I was testing the demo and broke through and thought I had it made. My forces were pretty tattered, but I had a nice combined arms group ready to take on an objective to the rear. I knew exactly what the enemy had back there and it wasn't much, so I thought I could steam roll into the objective.

BOOOM... my tank went up in flames... brrrrrrrt... my lead squad was cut in half by a MG, the rest retreated immediately. I had not even ID'd what shot at me (though I had a pretty good idea). I never took the objective.

Bocage sucks :D

Steve