A few words from your sponsor

Even compared with games of it's time CMBO wasn't a top rated game for graphics but it was such a good game that you just didn't notice.

know what you mean peter back in the day i bought steel beasts the original one graphics were horrible for the time but gameplay was amazing

there is a little game doing the rounds now called minecraft which is the same graphics could be better but the core gameplay rocks and you just get sucked in

i am sure CMBFN is in a different league i feel the graphics this time are pretty awesome judging from the VAAR i have seen and we all know that battlefront games play well so i have HIGH hopes for cmbfn

and i have been reduced to a quivering wreck waiting for the demo RELEASE IT PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE i feel like a little kid again

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spent 9 years straight on IL2 Sturmovik, which was the Holy Grail of WWII air combat simulation. I once went 18 months with only 7 days (computer or connection outages, mainly) where I was not playing the game, modding the game, making missions and visiting the forums at least for at least an hour a day, more often two or more a day.

But, I uninstalled it and all the flight controls, etc., last week in prep for CMBN. For me, this is the culmination of almost 40 years of board/miniature/computer gaming WWII. More importantly, it will allow me the virtually visceral feel of squad level WWII combat; a sort of computer visualization of all the many, many thousands of books, movies, and conversations with vets like my father (RIP) and his buddies about that particular war, with which I have been intrigued and infatuated since I was about 4-5 years old...I'm now 57.

In short, this game and all that follows it will be nothing short of an avocation for me!

I'm sorry but Combat Mission isn't a game, it's a hobby.

CM isn't a hobby, its a hobby killer! Thirty years of killing brain cells smelling modeling cement then CM comes along and all my paints have dried out. :D;)

Well, we know what that means! No space lobsters

Again? Come on guys, fix or do somefink!

In all seriousness, thanks for the update, your dedication to your craft, and lastly, the kind words for us, your rabid fanboys.

I mean, loyal customers.

*hugs*

Good luck, Godspeed, and I'll see you on the other side!

CM isn't a hobby, its a hobby killer! Thirty years of killing brain cells smelling modeling cement then CM comes along and all my paints have dried out. :D;)

MikeyD, I Hope to burn some of your new modding tanks on the battlefield soon again!

For me, this is the culmination of almost 40 years of board/miniature/computer gaming WWII. More importantly, it will allow me the virtually visceral feel of squad level WWII combat; a sort of computer visualization of all the many, many thousands of books, movies, and conversations with vets like my father (RIP) and his buddies about that particular war, with which I have been intrigued and infatuated since I was about 4-5 years old...I'm now 57.

Ditto. I expect nothing more than an enjoyable game to immerse me, however much I want, into tactical WW2 combat. I've missed this game since I left for OSX all those years ago and want nothing more than to experience the joy I had playing CMBO once again on my latest Apple machine(s). It's a game to be played for enjoyment and I promise that the tiny little minutiae won't interfere at all with my enjoyment of said game. Thanks for bringing it back to the Apple platform, BF.

Can anyone translate "very very very soon" from Stevish to english?

Somewhere between "within the hour" and "next week" I guess. I don't understand why we can't get any information if it's supposedly so close to release.

I will wager a semi educated guess based on BF's recent history of CMSF announcements vs. releases and say later today or tomorrow. Being the fact that I know a whole lot about nothing I would definitely take this guess with a grain of salt, my money says today though.

I will wager a semi educated guess based on BF's recent history of CMSF announcements vs. releases and say later today or tomorrow. Being the fact that I know a whole lot about nothing I would definitely take this guess with a grain of salt, my money says today though.

I already said today.. I was first to predict it based upon Steve's carefully chosen words. Therefore, I am the most superior. It WILL be today.. imminent !

Is it ready yet?

Well, I´m using my mobile phone as a modem so I will not be able to play until tomorrow anyway.

Mobile phones are for refreshing to check the website for game release while you are driving or otherwise not in front of the computer.