A few words from your sponsor

Before you, our favorite Refresh Monkeys™, get your little paws on the Demo, I wanted to say a few words about the pending release of the Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy.

What we're about to release is a GAME. It is something to be played with and enjoyed, hopefully for longer than the time to download/install :) Yes, it's also a serious simulation, but that's merely a means of providing a more enjoyable gaming environment. After all, if this wasn't about having fun then how many of us would be interested in it?

It is also important to remember that we're not releasing "the perfect wargame", or even "the perfect game". There are no such things, therefore by definition there will be issues to raise here on this Forum. It's important to keep this in mind as we start in with the discussions that dissect and reduce a massive game down to a few bits and pieces for a particular topic of discussion. It's all too easy to get so wrapped up with the minutia and have that detract from enjoying the fullness of what the game has to offer. In all cases let's remember to keep criticism constructive, respectful, and within reason. It's important because that sort of feedback opens the door to improvements, while the opposite is harmful.

As you play CM:BN you should keep in mind that Battlefront's full time staff, contractors, and dedicated volunteer testers have put in (literally) many hundreds of thousands of hours into Battle for Normandy over the past three years. Add to this the previous 9 years of work that went into CM: Afghanistan, CM: Shock Force, and the previous three CMx1 games. All of this made possible with the support of you, our customers. With your continued support we'll still be here in 12 more years continuing to push wargaming forward with each release.

We look forward to putting this in your hands very, very, very soon.

Steve (and the rest of the Battlefront rabble)

P.S. The Demo will have the Editor enabled. This will allow you to see most of the features of the Editor for those who only know the CMx1 Editor. Of course you won't be able to save anything you make in the Editor, not to mention play it. this is, after all, just a Demo

P.P.S. I had said you could see the Cherry Picking UI, but 1000 lashes with a wet noodle for me... I forgot that was not possible without including non-Demo specific resources we couldn't include. So that is NOT part of the Demo. Sorry 'bout the confusion (hangs head in shame).

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah... and a bone...

The Demo will have the Editor enabled. This will allow you to see the new Cherry Picking UI and also the other features of the Editor for those who only know the CMx1 Editor. Of course you won't be able to save anything you make in the Editor, not to mention play it. this is, after all, just a Demo :D

EDIT -> I had said you could see the Cherry Picking UI, but 1000 lashes with a wet noodle for me... I forgot that was not possible without including non-Demo specific resources we couldn't include. So that is NOT part of the Demo. Sorry 'bout the confusion (hangs head in shame).

Steve

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I should have cut and pasted that. My fingers hurt now. :(

Last time I saw an update like this I believe CMSF: Nato was released an hour or two later. Granted I wouldn't count on the full game being released but hopefully the demo today(MST).

Really? :eek: was it only an hour or two last time for CM:SF (I should remember that but to be honest I don't recall).

As Long, the Soldier AI is not AS dumbass/idiotic like in Shock force, everything is okay! I had a battle:" My guys in a building shooting on the House on the other side of the Street. I let the enemy house storm by another unit. What happened? The enemy soldier (1 left) layed whining on the ground. My soldiers shot and DIDNT HIT! They shot 20 Magazines and 3 grenades and didnt hit! The guys fromt the other buildings, shot rifle grenades and killed 4 of my man in the building! and the stupid whining man lifed! They were to stupid, to go to the enemy and give him a shot! At the end, I wasnt able to kill the last enemy soldier left in the Building.

As long a scene like this wont happen, everything is okay.

I promise to be respectful, humble and not act as a spoiled child. Really.

Faults? Who cares! I'm sure it will be awesome in whatever state it's in.

A massive line of thunderstorms nearing my humble home. Maybe after they pass and I've fired-up the computer again---demo time!

*snif*

For a moment there I had me back in the attic apartment where we eagerly awaited the Beta demo still giddy with excitement from the AAR.

This is definitely more than a game. This all mother beautiful :)

Let the good times roll!

/M