Help with Radeon Tweak Program

Evzone

Which particular Catalyst driver are you attempting to use the Rage3D Tweak CCC with ? Catalyst 5.13 seems to be the latest supported driver according to the download text.

I'm not sure if I ever got the Rage3D Tweak CCC running in the past or not. If I did, it eventually ended up corrupted at some point and non-functional. If I recall correctly, what I saw at the time was nothing like what the program used to offer; bunches of registry tweaks to change the driver behavior (and plenty that actually didn't). I believe the current 'CCC version' basically offers only Memory and Core overclocking features and little else.

What you need is the ability to turn off ZMask in order to improve performance within CMx1 (CMBO, CMBB & CMAK). I'm not sure if this was absolutely necessary with later Catalyst drivers, but it may be.

When the CCC (Catalyst Control Center) intially came out, it was an optional install. Installing the control panel from some earlier Catalysts allowed you to use the old Rage 3D Tweaker. However that doesn't quite sound possible anymore.

'What you need is the ability to turn off ZMask in order to improve performance within CMx1 (CMBO, CMBB & CMAK). I'm not sure if this was absolutely necessary with later Catalyst drivers, but it may be.'

Turning off ZMask was what I am trying to achieve, but I can't find the setting in my driver settings. I thought Rage3D Tweak was required.

I could not find a Catalyst driver for my card (MOBILITY RADEON 9000), nor could a friend who knows alot more about these things than I do. Please pardon my ignorance, but any suggestions?

The old Rage3D Tweak provided the capability of turning off ZMask. The current version, which is compatible with the CCC doesn't offer anything other than overclocking capability.

ATI doesn't offer Catalyst drivers for the Mobility series on their website. Instead they direct you to the laptop manufacturer's drivers (which of course are actually created by ATI). Omega Drivers have some modified .INF files that allow Catalyst drivers to work with the Mobility series (the omegadrivers.net site seems to be down at the moment). These particular drivers are based on a slightly older Catalyst.

However even the Omega Catalyst drivers probably won't work with the necessary version of the Rage3D Tweaker ( 3.9, the last registry oriented version).

Actually, depending on what version of the drivers that have been provided for your laptop, the Rage3D Tweaker v. 3.9 that I linked to above is the version that you may need to install. That version works with the non-CCC Catalyst drivers. If you don't have the CCC, then definitely use that Rage3D Tweaker. If you do have a CCC-based Catalyst driver (which can be provided by the laptop manufacturer, though they rarely get updated versions beyond the original that they provide from ATI), then the Rage3D Tweaker CCC 1.1 version is the latest you can get; which again seems to be lacking much beyond overclocking features as far as I can tell at this point.

It's possible that the Omega Catalyst may provide all you need with a newer driver than what you currently have (negating the need to be able to turn off the ZMask). However if performance or reliability isn't what it should be with the Omega you may want to go back to what you originally had installed and possibly install the Rage3D Tweaker v. 3.9 and try to turn off ZMask with it (assuming your original driver is not a CCC-based version).