The IS-2 THE GREATEST TANK IN WWII!

The IS2 was only marginally faster than the bunkers it replaced when the Soviets went from Defensive to Offensive warfare.

Poor metal quality.

Stamped engine parts that ground off full kilos of metal shavings into the oil sumps.

It got the job done it true brutish Soviet style, but was just another stepping stone to the future of tanks...

The Mk XXXIII Bolo

:D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked when i whacked an IS2 with a Stug in a PBEM CMBB game onetime and my opponent pulled a hissy fit and bailed on the game.

He was so proud of that thing, thinking it was going to dominate the map from a lofty position and my lowly Stug took it out. Frontal shot too.

Was the IS3 a better hunk of junk than the IS2. Did the IS3 see action anywhere at all. Even post WW2.

Evidence of IS-3 tanks actually seeing combat in Berlin in 1945 is tenuous, at best.

IIRC, there is stronger evidence that a regiment of them may have seen action against the Japanese in Manchuria at the every end of the war. I've never seen anything that would definitively prove this, though.

Evidence of IS-3 tanks actually seeing combat in Berlin in 1945 is tenuous

I recall an interview with an old soviet tanker (who was giving tours at Kubinka) who claimed to be a part of the original first IS3 unit that marched in the parade. Said they definitely did not make into combat before war's end... at least on the western front.

What about the only, the supreme, the uber... Kartonnenpanzer!!

kartonenpanzerdm7.jpg

Extremely powerfull at close range or against undersized infantry but somewhat vulnerable to rain or wet attacks in general.

Surely there cannot be two Gods of War !!!

Surely there cannot be two Gods of War !!!

I swear to whomever those Gods are that when playing CMx1 no matter what actual tank type I picked for my purchases they would all turn into Kartonnenpanzers sooner or later!!! (with sooner being the preferred option).

Kartonnenpanzer be praised... and welcome brother, to the Church of Saint Rarity.

I think this picture will fianlly put this thread to rest !

I so want one. Do you think a V6 or V8 engine would fit. Heck, I bet a Ford Capri engine would make it faster. How much do you know about it; like is there anywhere to hang a freshner and where does the chick sit?

I see that guy suitably rests his elbow on the side while travelling.