New mod for TOW 1 : Uchronic mod

Arzok

Extract of the read_me.txt :

----------------

Mod Uchronie - France 1940 - VERSION V2.0

We are pleased to present our new mod.

You will discover new historical units of the French army. You will also discover "uchronic" units, supporting the idea that France could have continued the war after 1940 ...

The authors of this mod are:

Arzok (39-45strategie.com) Unit&campaign Uchronie

Tartar Unit

Manstein Test, skin and adaptation of the campaign "France"

PanzerMaus Test, skin, unit description

Some icons have been obtained from very fine drawings of Vincent Bourguignon.

http://ww2drawings.jexiste.fr/Files/PraticalInfos/site-map.htm

The following people contributed to the development of the first "Uchronie De Gaulle" campaign (missions 1-10):

Mission: Arzok

Test: Guillaume Dav (leclandesofficiers.com)

Banner: ShinyDayzs

Some maps have been borrowed from the British Bulldog campaign (Gnasher). We thank him for his excellent work!

Finally, this mod has also been possible thanks to the assistance, tools and tutorials of Dr. Jones, Prlugo, Knokke and Oudy. We thank them !

Some additional points

This mod requires JSH 1.3.5, but you can not play multiplayer with players having only JSH 1.3.5.

JSH 1.3.5 has reached the limit of unity, it was necessary to remove some units in order to put the new French units. This is essentially captured material (PIII Russian ...).

List of changes

FT17 7.5mm MG

FT17 75mm

37 long gun R40 + trench crossing system

R41 47mm (uchronic)

H35 + skins

37 long gun H39 + trench crossing system + specific skins

AMR ZT2 25mm

AT 25 mm

47mm AT

75mm artillery, correction values ​​of penetration

French anti-tank section (with Boys)

Reco Section

8 soldiers Section

Command Section (MAS submachine gun with 38)

13.2mm machine gun fortification

Latil jeep with French brand

Stuka JU 87 d

AMD 178: Crew 4 (instead of three)

AMD 47mm

B2 75mm (uchronic)

B2 105mm (uchronic)

S40 (uchronic)

47mm HEAT rounds for all tanks with this gun, from 1941.

Known Bugs

25mm AT gun: transportation problem, a problem with the destruction

47mm AT gun: small problem with transportation, disposal problem

List revised campaigns

+ Campaign "France"

+ Campaign Uchronie, missions 1 to 14 (the first 6 missions in Poland, 3 missions in 1940, three missions in 1941, a mission in 1942)

+ Campaign Strategic Breakthrough French with new units

+ Campaign Ucnronie, limited to the last 4 and new missions, if you do not have the courage to start again (but it's a shame!)

+ New single mission "UC_Sud_01", France against Italy

--------------------

Link to DL this mod :

ftp://ftp.reseau-js.com/sudden/TheatreOfWar/UchronieMod_v2.zip

Some screenshots :

RAU 75mm&105mm (SPG)

mod_uc_spg_b1_10.jpg

Latil

mod_uc_jeep_02.jpg

AMD 47mm

mod_uc_amd_03.jpg

AMR 35 ZT2 25mm

mod_uc_amr35_zt3_5.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use JSGME, no need to make back up, JSGME is doing this. Just removed the mod when you want to come back at JSH alone with this tool.

No units are removed, but their names are removed from the filesid.ini

As far as I understand, this file is mainly needed for MP, so I think that for SP, there is no problem.

You can of course back up this file (in data/settings).

You can look at the file "modif files id.txt" to know which units I have removed from the filesid.ini

Thanks for letting me know Arzok.

I don't normally use JSGME as I like to know where things are going :D

Knowing what to back up/compare is the help I think I need.

As I don't expect to be playing MP I hope I will be able to play this pack right away. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beautiful guys. Glad to see TOW 1 is still being utilized and not forgotten. By the way is there an English translation for this updated version? Can we use the texts.utf8 english files from the UC part one and part two downloads from the 39-45 site? Are they the same or have you changed them? No big deal if not. I can always use google translate.

Hi Eniced :)

I did not take time to make an english version, as time is difficult to find :(

You can use the "texts.utf8" english files, it will work.

But there are also some text in the trigger file. I adjusted some of them, so it is better not to use the english ones.

I found some files at work today that I started to translate a while ago for this campaign. Not sure if you asked me to or I was doing them at the same time I was helping you out with the Gavrus campaign. Anyway, I think I will finish them and post them up if anyone is interested.

It has been awhile since I played the France campaign but I see that it is in your mod. What exactly did you add or delete to the stock campaign?

But there are also some text in the trigger file. I adjusted some of them, so it is better not to use the english ones.

If I understand you right, the trigger files are different than the original two parts that you put out. I would have to open up the files from this thread and translate to English? I could not simply use the ones that I translated before.

• 2 months later...

I decided to try translating the mission briefings to English. I may have taken a few liberties in trying to keep the spirit without literal translation :D - the 1st 2 files are attached here.

The sub-folder name is prefixed to the file name. Thus they will need to be edited when copied into the mod folders.

eg - UC_DG01 - texts.utf8

will become

..theatre of war\Missions\UCHRONIE_DG\UC_DG01\texts.utf8

I will try to continue the translations if people are happy with these samples. (Unless someone has already done all this & I just don't know about it!!)

D/L Links will be updated when this happens..

Arzok - do we still need to save after the 'Leak' now mod v2.0 containing 15 missions is available? I will edit out the request to make a special save if not.

EN-text.zip

Good idea :)

As this mode re-uses the uchronic campaign (for TOW 1 without mod), it has been translated (Eniced did it if I remember well).

So you can re use the translation.

But it concerns only the part till 1940.

The 4 new missions added to the uchronic campaign with the mod have no translation (UC_DG_12_41 to UC_DG_15_42)

If you can translate them, I can make a new english package, and add what you already did

For your last question, your are right, it is not necessary to save, as it continues ! You can change this in the translation.

I decided to try translating the mission briefings to English. I may have taken a few liberties in trying to keep the spirit without literal translation :D - the 1st 2 files are attached here.

The sub-folder name is prefixed to the file name. Thus they will need to be edited when copied into the mod folders.

eg - UC_DG01 - texts.utf8

will become

..theatre of war\Missions\UCHRONIE_DG\UC_DG01\texts.utf8

I will try to continue the translations if people are happy with these samples. (Unless someone has already done all this & I just don't know about it!!)

D/L Links will be updated when this happens..

Arzok - do we still need to save after the 'Leak' now mod v2.0 containing 15 missions is available? I will edit out the request to make a special save if not.

Может сразу и на русский тогда переводить? Было бы неплохо...:rolleyes: