Quick update on release status

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, we don't want people to buy our products blindly, so we have several valuable services available to aid you in making a well-informed decision prior to purchasing a product from us. We would much rather you find out that you aren't interested in something before you place an order. An informed customer is a happy customer.

The best resources we have to offer are our demos. Each and every one of our products has its own demo available for free download here on the website. If you have any doubts about a particular product you should first download the demo. Most of our demos are quite small and all are indicative of what the full version is like. If you love the demo, you'll love the full version. If the demo doesn't "do it" for you, then you probably should not purchase the product.

The weekend starts and still nothing at all ...It's 10 AM in Spain !BBBBBuuuuuaaaaaaaaa!

I do not know, I guess it is the monkey´s fault. But I really really hate Digitallydownloaded.net and SCWW1.

:D ... yip im sick of seeing that news too :) ... obviously waiting for some update news in its place (as opposed to being sick of Strat Cmd which has its place :) )

This seems to be the latest statement about work on the game (from the UI thread) and it is still in progress. Just told the monkey to take a break for a bit.

What I find amusing is I bet some of those people complained like Hell about the CMx1 interface when they first experienced it

It's really hard to write a manual and a game concurrently. We were making changes to the game all the way up until we shipped. We then made MAJOR changes to the game after release. This caused the game and the manual to get out of synch. We largely had it tightened up for the last couple of manual revisions, but of course that doesn't help if you have a printed manual.

With CM:BN we're still making changes to the game right now. Some of which will probably contradict the manual in places. There are also some places in the manual that reflect older code and we just didn't catch them during one of the many revisions of the draft. Unfortunately, that's an outcome of a vastly deep game with guys making it that never want to call it "good enough".

Steve

The Creator Has Spoken The Truth

I do understand the "work in progress" and the "not a certain date" attitude, and I thank you guys for the hard and dedicated work. But I think that today it may be safe enough to tell us if the demo (or the full game) will be released this week...

Yeah, I have next week off, also very hard to come by lately, and I was hoping I'd have 5 solid days to get my CMBN fix. Well, maybe we'll get the demo early to mid-week and the game by the end of the week.

I am proud of myself, though...last night, after about 6:30, I didn't once go to the computer and refresh. Not until just now (8:30 am CDT). So much for my thought that it would appear if I just laid off for a night!

I wish they would give us a date, as they have stated that they already know when they will release if everything goes according to plan. If something were to happen, then they could just explain that there has been an unforeseen delay.

Having a date is better than not knowing at all, and if there was a delay and this date would have to be pushed back, that would be no big deal, we all know that those things can happen.

I wish they would give us a date, as they have stated that they already know when they will release if everything goes according to plan. If something were to happen, then they could just explain that there has been an unforseen delay.

Having a date is better than not knowing at all, and if there was a delay and this date would have to be pushed back, that would be no big deal, we all know that those things can happen.

Hmmm I think having a date would rise a big anticipation and you would be really disappointed (well I am speaking for myself, cause I would be ;) )..

not to forget, that some of those lunatics (again: I am one too) would possible try to get a free day off from work or working not so late, cause they are eager to play the game and I already read something like "How dare you BFC? I took a day off for your game and now it isn't here!"..

so all in all I think failing to release on a given date is more worse than telling no date at all..

but to be honest I also want a date...as I said..lunatic here ;)

It will be out Wednesday at the earliest, or sometime before that and next Friday at the latest or maybe abit after...

Look everyone it's coming...not sure why there is such a panic over getting a date...just do soemthing else and it will soon come around...A Watched Kettle doesn't make it boil quicker...

Not sure why kettles appear in sayings...

Hmmm I think having a date would rise a big anticipation and you would be really disappointed (well I am speaking for myself, cause I would be ;) )..

Well, they would of course have to explain that this date is only if nothing happens to delay the release, and that they are not in any way promising that the date will be kept.

If someone takes time off from work or something based on that, then that's their problem, not BFCs. Sure, a delay would be disappointing to many if it were to happen, but there seems to be a lot of disappointment every day now. Because there is no date given people come here every day expecting a release.

I think this is the biggest release since the disastrous first release of CMSF (noting CMSF is a much better product 3 years later with patches and modules and it was the first use of the new CMx2 engine) ... maybe they are being extra specially careful this time to ensure the released product is as stable as can be. BF have noted in the past that the CMx2 engine is much more robust now and many of the CMSF issues would not reoccur in CMBN but i get the feeling caution is the overwhelming force in play at this time. Not a bad thing if we get a better product i guess. Ultra caution , they dont want to be stung and many CMx1 vets are returning , dont want to put them off on the first release as they may never get around to patching ... took me 3 years with CMSF , 3 years to realise it was a great game after purchasing on release and giving up.

"maybe they are being extra specially careful this time to ensure the released product is as stable as can be."

In a far more extreme example, I'm sure the folks making Duke Nukem have been thinking the same thing.

We haven't even seen a demo yet. I'm betting it'll be closer to July 4th than May 15th for a release. The lack of a demo really concerns me since if its as close to done as they say it is, a demo should've been out weeks ago.

"maybe they are being extra specially careful this time to ensure the released product is as stable as can be."

In a far more extreme example, I'm sure the folks making Duke Nukem have been thinking the same thing.

We haven't even seen a demo yet. I'm betting it'll be closer to July 4th than May 15th for a release. The lack of a demo really concerns me since if its as close to done as they say it is, a demo should've been out weeks ago.

I am very concerned as well, if we do not see a demo today or very early next week my guess would be another week without a release. Every day is getting further away from the end of April. I pre-purcahsed and was willing to wait. However, if this turns into the end of May, I will be disappointed that my money has been in their hands with no product for a much longer time period. Now I know time frames are not absolute but the lack of communication is also telling to me.

:D ... yip im sick of seeing that news too :) ... obviously waiting for some update news in its place (as opposed to being sick of Strat Cmd which has its place :) )

No, no, no, no, no, no... dont sugar coat it. I really really really hate Digitaldownloaded.net and SCWW1.

I am very concerned as well, if we do not see a demo today or very early next week my guess would be another week without a release. Every day is getting further away from the end of April. I pre-purcahsed and was willing to wait. However, if this turns into the end of May, I will be disappointed that my money has been in their hands with no product for a much longer time period. Now I know time frames are not absolute but the lack of communication is also telling to me.

I think we are all getting a bit too crazy parsing every statement or thought they utter looking for a release date. The demo statement was not directly theirs though they didn't contradict it. The MAC OS announcement referenced a possible timeline of up to May 11th. The then and now video also says May 2011. They never said that it would BE end of April, they said around and that was a bit ago and it is after all only May 6th.

The more we bug them for updates, the less time they are spending wrapping it up. So let's all give them another week and then ask if they have an update as opposed to asking for an update of the already stated update. Yeah I am as antsy as anyone else and pre ordered I think the day pre order was announced. However they have actually been pretty good at trying to keep us posted within reason. Hell you should see the kind of announcements I get for feature capability from my VoIP vendor and they have loads more money and engineers than BFC. Then again I don't really care some much about VoIP features. :D

Does it matter - I am sure BF are just trying to be nice and try and give us some kind of realistic date ... if they had just said "it will be july" a couple of weeks ago we wouldnt even be having the conversation. And they could then release it when they like and if they deliver it early everyone thinks there are great. If you didnt want your money in their hands then you shouldnt have pre orderted. That is after all the point of a pre order. Really - I undedrstand the frustration - but the bitterness toward BF is unwarranted.

Does it matter - I am sure BF are just trying to be nice and try and give us some kind of realistic date ... if they had just said "it will be july" a couple of weeks ago we wouldnt even be having the conversation. And they could then release it when they like and if they deliver it early everyone thinks there are great. If you didnt want your money in their hands then you shouldnt have pre orderted. That is after all the point of a pre order. Really - I undedrstand the frustration - but the bitterness toward BF is unwarranted.

I don't see the bitterness.

Its obvious that there are those on the boards that cannot for some reason allow anyone to have anything negative at all to same about BF.

Its obvious that there are those on the boards that cannot for some reason allow anyone to have anything negative at all to same about BF.

LOL I don't think it's that. It is simply that we are only 6 days into May. It really is too early to be upset at BFC when they are still within the time frames they have stated.

"However, if this turns into the end of May, I will be disappointed that my money has been in their hands with no product for a much longer time period. Now I know time frames are not absolute but the lack of communication is also telling to me."

Sorry - that sounded bitter to me ... point is - if you pre ordered why? If they had said July - would you not have pre ordered ? Why are you "disappointed" that they had your money for a few more days / weeks ? If you were worried about them "having your money for any period of time - why did you preorder. Your argument is specious and therefore just sounds bitter. I am far from a BF fanboi.