Quick update on release status

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be the latest statement about work on the game (from the UI thread) and it is still in progress. Just told the monkey to take a break for a bit.

What I find amusing is I bet some of those people complained like Hell about the CMx1 interface when they first experienced it :D

It's really hard to write a manual and a game concurrently. We were making changes to the game all the way up until we shipped. We then made MAJOR changes to the game after release. This caused the game and the manual to get out of synch. We largely had it tightened up for the last couple of manual revisions, but of course that doesn't help if you have a printed manual.

With CM:BN we're still making changes to the game right now. Some of which will probably contradict the manual in places. There are also some places in the manual that reflect older code and we just didn't catch them during one of the many revisions of the draft. Unfortunately, that's an outcome of a vastly deep game with guys making it that never want to call it "good enough".

Steve

For those of you trying to project a ship date... here's a hint. It won't be this coming Friday, that's for sure.

This has been confusing me all week.

Steve posted the above on Saturday GMT Summer time 04-30-2011, 03:50 AM

So that would have been Friday for him (and most of you state side).

So when he said "this friday" he meant last friday as it was today (friday) for him at the time ?

Therefore we could have a demo this Friday ?

Read what you quoted, he did not say "this friday".

only sounds like that if you read it that way IMO

If it was Monday and i said it wont be available Monday i would assume it was the Monday in question not next Monday.

Honestly still confused.

It doesn't matter honest :) , was simply trying to get some clarity.

Right, JSj. The game won´t be shipped this coming friday (tomorrow)

But the way I read Steves post, he´s talking about the game itself - not the demo.

So I guess, the demo could theoretically come any time this week.

Like, today...perhaps? :->

If it was Monday and i said it wont be available Monday i would assume it was the Monday in question not next Monday.

I agree, but again, that's not what he said. It was Friday/Saturday, and he said "it will not be available "this COMING Friday".

Meaning it will not be released tomorrow.

umlaut, it would certainly be great if the demo was released this week.

I agree, but again, that's not what he said. It was Friday/Saturday, and he said "it will not be available "this COMING Friday".

Meaning it will not be released tomorrow.

umlaut, it would certainly be great if the demo was released this week.

Yip sorry you are right "It won't be this coming Friday" .... i had read that as " it wont be coming this friday" sorry my mistake , skim reading :)

P.S. Bone -> there are three scenarios for the Demo. One attack as Germans, one attack as Americans, one Tutorial as Americans. The latter is designed to give newbies a "cake walk" scenario to learn how to play the game before diving into the other two battles. It's an adaptation from the longer Tutorial included in the game itself.

On a more important note. Steve has confirmed there will be cake in the demo tutorial. :D

Well, I was hoping against hope, like we all were, that at least the Demo would be out this week. It still could, of course, but I just don't think it will come out until early next week at the earliest, and the game....fuggetaboutit! I was hoping "around the end of April" wouldn't be more than, say, May 15, but I don't have a good feeling anymore that it will get here before June. Damn.

Well, I was hoping against hope, like we all were, that at least the Demo would be out this week. It still could, of course, but I just don't think it will come out until early next week at the earliest, and the game....fuggetaboutit! I was hoping "around the end of April" wouldn't be more than, say, May 15, but I don't have a good feeling anymore that it will get here before June. Damn.

And so we witness the dramatic mood swings of the truly dependent. You may be a bit too pessimistic now. I'm going to stick by my guess that I will have the steel box in my hands by the 15th. of this month, which would mean that it would have to go into the mail no later than the 10th. Of course it might not go exactly that way, but I see no reason at the moment to alter my expectations.

Michael

That's about how I'm looking at it BUT if it doesn't, I'll live. Not like we've got a choice :) and I'm fine with them taking their time to do it right anywho.

Mostly I am just wondering if the beta will just be a true gold demo or if they plan to release a late beta so they can have it out before the gold ships or goes online by maybe a week or something. Otherwise the two will show up pretty much the same time I would guess. I mean if the game and demo come out at same time who that has the game is gonna play the demo?!

Michael, a hopeful response like yours was what I was trolling for. I have been a refresh monkey of late, but really only because I have next week off work. I figure it could be later, which would be disappointing, but I'll live. I've kept busy delving back into the CMSF editor to practice map-making, after a long hiatus from it, been re-reading the Division histories of the 1st, 4th, 9th, 30th, and 82nd & 101 AB, and checking out Google Earth in preparation for THE EVENT.

But it is a big deal, since it is SL/ASL/Panzerblitz Live, which I've basically been waiting for for about 35-40 years. So:

Hi Everyone, my name is Mark and I'm a CMBN-coholic.