Quick update on release status

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you know things are rolling along nicely ...

So are we talking May or June? ...

Brilliant , thank you for the update. From a fan point of view it was a form of torture checking this forum several times a day looking for any hint of a release. Spot of clarity from you chaps on progress was all that was needed to manage the expectation and help us plan our time. Much happier knowing what is going on no matter how long it will take, thank you for that :)

Taking the time out for telling us this is VERY much appreciated. Thanks! Oh, and we old timers know you're not going to nail everything the first time...that's okay with us. You've proved your mettle over the years...we will stick with you.

A Beta Tester word about 'Final Candidate' stuff, if I may be allowed. Don't panic! This isn't CMBO or CMSF final candidate. The game's fully mature now and as stabile as a rock. I doubt we'd be able to break it even if we wanted to.... ;)
Aye, confirmed. CMBN was rock solid many betas ago. The last dash to the line has started: It's an utter privilege to be part of such a dedicated and open-minded group of gentlemen. A phenomenal group of individuals and I'm honoured to be among those lucky few that Battlefront trusted to work with their flagship.

I wish the greatest financial success to Battlefront.com. May you make such a success out of CMBN that it continues to be the vanguard of wargaming. We, the rearguard following, can only marvel at your passion, dedication and grit to our hobby. A luta continua: Let the wargaming ®evolution, started by BTS/BFC so many years ago, continue.

Respect.

I very much doubt it will be June and definately not July if they are where they say they are.

As they stated definately not by next friday then they are aiming for the following week...so I reckon mid week maybe end of week.

Thos who are saying June and July I think are a little jaded and being very pessimistic...

The fact that the manual is at the printers should be viewed by all as a very positive and very concrete sign that the end is very near. The beta testers come from virtually every time zone in the world and you should rest assured that all hours of the day 24/7 there is almost always someone somewhere trying to find the latest bug or break the game for the glory of reporting the latest bug, and that challenge (finding the latest new bug) is darn near impossible now. ;) The development cycle virtually never rests, and I too feel very honored to have been part of the beta testing community. Trust me, the beta tester community try VERY VERY hard to break this thing and make it crash, hang or fail every single day, virtually 24 hrs a day, and that's not to mention that from our point of view it seems Steve, Charles, Phil and Martin never actually sleep, I don't know how they do it. We can all feel it, it's very close to perfection.

I very much doubt it will be June and definately not July if they are where they say they are.

As they stated definately not by next friday then they are aiming for the following week...so I reckon mid week maybe end of week.

Thos who are saying June and July I think are a little jaded and being very pessimistic...

Perhaps we should read a goats entrails? or tea leaves ?

Thanks for the update Steve, now for the next week or so I can get a lot of my 'honeydo' list done so I can lock myself in my office for about 2 weeks and not hear 'This isn't done, that isn't done'... Wishing BFC the best of success on this project for years to come...:)

P.S. Bone -> there are three scenarios for the Demo. One attack as Germans, one attack as Americans, one Tutorial as Americans. The latter is designed to give newbies a "cake walk" scenario to learn how to play the game before diving into the other two battles. It's an adaptation from the longer Tutorial included in the game itself.

I remember the tutorial for CMBO. Trying to properly position that Hetzer (IIRC) in the one useful hull down position was a real challenge. :)

Thanks for the update Steve, now for the next week or so I can get a lot of my 'honeydo' list done so I can lock myself in my office for about 2 weeks and not hear 'This isn't done, that isn't done'

I think I should have married an American lady. Anytime I clear my list of chores I don't get peace and quiet for two weeks; I get another, longer, list of chores to be done, with the expectation taht they can be done even quicker than the last lot.