It's April 12th...

That's got to be more than halfway ...

Assuming there are no delays. Would be nice to get an update from BF to manage the expectation no matter if there is a delay or not , just let us know is all im saying. Find it hard to believe nobody has a reasonable idea of the amount of work left and the time it will take to complete at this stage in the development cycle. Im not moaning by the way , just an observation from an otherwise happy punter :)

PhantomCaptain,

Nice! My great-great-grandfather was in the Indiana 82nd and 120th infantry and was wounded down in Georgia. Luckily, he survived or I wouldn't have been born! Here he is at age 18, trying to look tough.

SOHindsCivilWarSMALL.jpg

That's a great picture SeaBee.

Those tintypes are awesome. I have a few in the family collection, I think one of them is civil war related. Lost my great, great uncle Hamilton West while fighting for the Union at Antietam. He is buried there in the cemetery. One of my many To-Do civil war battlefield trips.

Here's a pic of me and three of my pards...Here we are last October...

You're all too clean. I'm not referring to your moral stature, but your physical appearance. You need several weeks of ground in grime coming from outdoor living and campfire smoke to look like the real thing convincingly.

Michael

I wasn't being rude, just: a) impatient (10 years is a long wait) and, B) pointing out that "in the next weeks" is normally considered less than a month + 2 days.

Sorry, my post was a little unclear. I meant that I didn't mean to sound rude with what I was about to post. Also, I misunderstood your original question. So, my apologies! :)

My Great Great Great GrandUncle fought in the Civil War.16TH CT.Inf.

Levaughn, Roland; 1st. Sgt., Company A; Residence, Rocky Hill, Connecticut; Enlisted August 7, 1862; Mustered August 24, 1862; Captured at Plymouth, NC, April 20, 1864; Died in prison, Charleston, SC, September 22, 1864.

Sadly,He did not make it.Me and My Brother have about 20 letters he wrote to home.Very Interesting reading.Talk of Burnside and how incompetent he was as a General,funny stuff really.

My great-great grandfather's brother, Millard Barkley, was killed less than a week before the end of the war. His buddy, Otis Barry, reported that Millard said that he "wasn't going to lay in the mud anymore" and stood up, immediately being shot dead.

It makes me wonder about how many soldiers, in how many wars, just get sick of lying in the mud, etc., and not thinking straight- or just not caring any more, stand up...