An invitation to other lurkers

Hey all.

Member since CM 1 demo release. Used to be quite vocal but not for a long time. Played other CM incarnations but the western campaign is for me. CMBN was spotted only by chance. Looks great ! Its great finding a game your going to love and then finding its out soon :)

steve

edit: Joined 2006 with 94 posts...... CM 1 is older than that is it not ? Must have re-joined.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's nice to have a thread to post on as I'm not too familar with the blast effects of a Panzerfaust or the shape of the German infantry helmet, interesting as those topics are.

It's not really necessary to actually know anything. A good two-thirds of the posts here are completely vacuous and without any informational content. A little bombast and pomposity and you're in business. At least it's always worked for me.

:D

Michael

It's not really necessary to actually know anything. A good two-thirds of the posts here are completely vacuous and without any informational content. A little bombast and pomposity and you're in business. At least it's always worked for me.

:D

Michael

All my WW2 knowledge and CM tactics are from the Commando comics I used to read as a kid.

http://www.commandocomics.com/

Joined december 2004. Blimey was it that long ago. ! A have been lurking on and off since then.

Was great news seeing the immminent release of CM:BN when I dropped in recently. Pre ordered straight away. At £50.00 a bit more than normal prices but I`m looking forward to this no end.

Rik.Smithson. Loved the link. I also read the commando comics and other war comic books such a warlord and victor in my younger days.

I can't remember when I joined, but at least I still remembered my user name. Sometime around CMBO's release, I guess. The system claims I last visited 12-31-1969, but that seems a bit suspect. :)

Commando comics! They were also big in Finland in my youth and in fact are still translated and apparently fairly steady sellers.

I haven't played the series in years, as none of the first three games agrees to run properly on my newest PC, and the modern setting didn't interest me. Really looking to get back to Normandy and hoping that the preorder download link would go live...

Commando. Oh man, this blast from the past makes me dizzy to even think about. I used to read them as a kid. It was called "Korkeajännitys" translating as High Voltage or High Tension here. In retrospect, I guess by the mid-90s they had ran pretty thin on war story material to publish since the plots were, I guess the correct term to use here, outlier. :D

There is a Finnish website devoted to the art of speaking proper Commando German.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=fi&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkoti.mbnet.fi%2Fgabbahey%2FAargh!%2Fsis.htm

I liked the bit explaining Argh-words in detail. Saku is roughly equivalent to Kraut. :D

I was an early joiner, back when the very first version for the Mac came out. I have not looked at the site for years, and cannot remember my old ID so have started a new one (some may recognize my signature)

I am really looking forward to this new version, and finally being able to play. I tried using Windows simulators, but was never happy with the result