Excruciatingly Slow Patton Drives East Expansion

I am new to SC2. About 2 months ago I purchased SC2 Blitzkrieg and about a month ago I purchased the W/W expansion. Both of these games played reasonably fast on my computer. I recently purchased Patton Drives East Exp and couldn't believe the difference in performance. This expansion module is almost unbearably slow. It takes "forever" for the AI to process its turn. I have a Dell Precision 370 desktop computer with an Intel P4 2.8 Ghz processor and 2GB RAM. Is my computer too old and slow to run this latest SC2 expansion module?

That appeared to solve the problem - thanks! I am feeling a little stupid - not sure how I over-looked it. I am somewhat puzzled by the difference in performance - why would video acceleration not be automatic or intrinsic to the application. Why is it an option?

As the games grew with added graphics we discovered there was an issue with video cards not handling them the way we expected.

The 'Video Acceleration' option is really just a coding flag that tells video cards to handle the graphics in a different way but since it seemed to speed things up for most users we just labelled it 'Video Acceleration' externally.

Since this was new at the time, we left it as an option since we weren't sure how it would play on all systems, but you are right that for our latest release, i.e. the WWI release, this is just the default with the option no longer shown in the SETTINGS dialog.