1914 Call to Arms Strategy Guide

Hi

I just thought it would be a good idea to highlight, for those of you who haven't already found them of course, that in the Manuals folder that comes with the game there are a number of useful documents.

One of these is the 1914 Call To Arms Strategy Guide which has been written to provide some advice and information which should prove useful as you play, especially if you are new to the period or want to give your opponent a good beating in a multiplayer game. :D

This guide also includes a list of all the decision events included in this flagship campaign, along with a brief description of their pros and cons, so as these decisions come up in the game you may want to refer to this guide to help make your decision.

Also included in the Manuals folder is of course the WWI User Manual itself, which can also be accessed in the game (on the right hand side, fourth button from the bottom) and the following documents:

• 1914 Triple Alliance Decision Event Log
  • 1917 The Fate of Nations Decision Event Log
  • Notes On Playing WWII Games
  • New! The 1939 Storm over Europe Player's Guide

I hope you find all of these useful! :)

Bill

• 5 months later...

First off this is a fantastic addition and I want to thank all of the people responsible for making this scenario happen.

I have a quick question regarding the Soviet entry level and Axis troop placements along the Soviet border. I have read the manual/guide which mentions that deployment of x amount of units close to certain regions/cities will avoid rapid Soviet entry levels.

Can anyone please provide more information on the exact amount of tiles that these units need to be in range of? I am having issues with controlling the Soviets level of entry and they are preping for war rather quickly in my campaign.

If any of the Storm over Europe experts/beta testers could throw up a small post, possibly with a pic or two, about how to control this I would be forever in yoru debt.

Best regards.

Hi

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :)

In answer to your question, Warsaw and Konigsberg need to have units in them.

For the other locations, placing units or either in or immediately adjacent to them will do. In fact, even having units within 2 tiles will always be enough.

Make sure that you don't have too many units in the east before you're ready to launch Barbarossa, because that will also upset Stalin.

If you did honor the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact this will be triggered by having 6-8 units within 3 tiles of Tilsit, or 8-10 within 4 tiles of Siedlice.

If you didn't honor the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact this will be triggered by having 6-8 units within 3 tiles of Tilsit, or 8-10 within 5 tiles of Wilno.

If you annexed Lithuania then having 6-8 units within 4 tiles of Siauliai will also lead to increased Soviet mobilization.

I hope this helps!

Bill

Thanks alot Bill. I greatly appreciate the help.

I did honor the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact so it sounds like I need no more than 5 units within 3 tiles of these locations for rough numbers.

If I follow the above, may i still stuff as many German units as i like along the actual border as long as they are outside that three tile limit? Or will this also cause Stalin to get a little jumpy?

Thanks again for the help in advance.

• 6 months later...

Make sure that you don't have too many units in the east before you're ready to launch Barbarossa, because that will also upset Stalin.

If you did honor the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact this will be triggered by having 6-8 units within 3 tiles of Tilsit, or 8-10 within 4 tiles of Siedlice.

If you annexed Lithuania then having 6-8 units within 4 tiles of Siauliai will also lead to increased Soviet mobilization.

I hope this helps!

Bill

I really messed up this one in my present PBEM game, I had too many units in the wrong places and the Soviet Union declaired war while most of my offensive units were still in Greece. Now it looks like I may loose the war in 1943 or even earlier, a messed up Barbarossa is a disaster for the Germans.

Really I did'nt have that many units in there, and almost no tanks or aircraft but the Soviet war readiness went up straight to 100 in almost no time.

• 7 months later...

Just to let you all know that in the Manuals folder contained within Breakthrough can be found documents containing information to help you play on the following campaigns:

• 1912 First Balkan War
  • 1914 Call to Arms - Breakthrough Edition
  • 1914 France's Struggle
  • 1914 Ostaufmarsch
  • 1914 Russia's War
  • 1915 Siege of Kut
  • 1916 East Africa
  • 1918 Russian Civil War

And also the Expansion Notes which are a guide to what's new in Breakthrough!

• 1 year later...