I could download without a problem but can not start the game! Asking for my serial number. I gave him the license key. That is wrong.

Now I try manually...error. He ask for Authorization Request Code. What is that??? I only got a Purchase Order and a license key. Why is it so complicated?

It's seems we're all in the same boat - lots of people with the same problem. Has anyone got the game to start yet?

BTW, I got virus alerts from Norton Antivirus when I tried to install the game, no doubt a false positive but still a nuisance.

If I got it right, the license key (the one without dashes) is for the download-link only. Once you've downloaded the game you have to start it in order to get a generated "authorization code" (one with 16 numbers + dashes between). Then you have to input both to get an "activation code". I got an activation code on the website by using the manual function. However it doesn't work at all.

There are two ways to activate the game. Online, and manual. For the former, all you need to do is enter the license key, which is the same key that you used to download the game. That key is saved in your online account at www.battlefront.com/store as well.

For the manual activation, you do this:

- click on Manual activation

- copy the Authorization Request code

- go to www.battlefront.com/activate

- enter both the license key (same as the download key) and the Authorization Request

- this will generate an Activation Code shown in the online form; copy that Code

- back to the game, click on Next and enter the Activation Code

This will activate your game.

I just tried this procedure with a customer key and it works as it should. There does seem however to be a problem with the online activations for some customers. We're looking into it right now. But using the Manual activation you should be able to get the game activated if you follow the steps above.

Martin

Just wanted to note that I am one of those that could not start the game normally, receiving an 'invalid' key when I tried. I submitted a trouble ticket, then read this thread and tried manually as Moon suggested. I have now successfully manually started the game.

So far, I am unimpressed with the "new" e-license system - its a real pain to spend about an hour clicking around trying to get something you already paid for to work.

So, it finally worked for me with the manual activation. By the way: I've installed the game two times - on my desktop and on a notebook. However, I might have to get a new PC in the next few weeks. What do I have to do in order to get one activation "back" to be able to install the game on the new PC as well? Is it enough to just uninstall the game or do I have to unlicense it somehow? Thanks for your help, I have to confess that I'm a bit overstrained with this license system...

Just wanted to note that I am one of those that could not start the game normally, receiving an 'invalid' key when I tried. I submitted a trouble ticket, then read this thread and tried manually as Moon suggested. I have now successfully manually started the game.

So far, I am unimpressed with the "new" e-license system - its a real pain to spend about an hour clicking around trying to get something you already paid for to work.

Hi Ludi,

that's because you have been forced to use the manual activation which is always a little more "involved" (well, at least more involved than clicking once). Normally, the activation takes only one click, there is no reason to go clicking around at all.

The IT guys are already working on the server issues regarding online activation.