How do you apply a patch?

pete52

Hi all, first time user.

I've been a CM player for some years now, but have been content with just playing the AI.

I recently tried some online contact, only to come up with the problem of my CM version (Afrika Korps).

I have the 1.00 version, I have downloaded the patch from this site to upgrade to 1.03.

Now for the stupid question - How do I apply the patch? I take it I must specify some form of address when the installation process asks for it. What is the address I type in?

If you answer this, please assume total stupidity from me, i.e. go very slowly and explain everything very clearly, I am a total tech idiot.

With thanks in advance. Pete.

Thanks Wicky for your answer, just to prove my stupidity, the patch is not 'smart'. Once you click on the installation process you come to a section which asks you to 'select destination location'. I presume it wants the path address to the CMAK program.

I have pressed 'browse' then looked in my C drive where CMAK is stored, I get various folders- 'misc' / 'new folder' / 'BMP' / 'Run' (which expands to) - 'BMP' / 'open play modules' / 'PBEM' / 'quick battle maps' / 'savegames' / 'scenarios'.

Where do I send it?

• 3 years later...

If you just purchased CMAK directly from Battlefront recently (not a CDV distributed version from another store/website), then you received the 1.04 version. CMAK originally came out in 2003. The 1.04 patch came out in 2008/2009 (I can't remember) to fix an issue that a number of Vista users were suffereing from at the time. Newer video drivers fixed some of thes issues, but some other graphical anomalys popped up for Radeon users and the 1.04 patch fixed that issue inadvertently. The 1.04 patch was created by the '2nd Programmer' Phil BEFORE he was a Battlefront employee. I'm not sure of the exact reasons for charging for the patch, but it did have to include a different DRM/copy-protection system than what originally came with CMAK.

• 5 months later...