Found a glitch!

emptyT

Hi Brit

I have found my planes running out of fuel at times.

It seems to be when you patrol them beyond limit, with them to land at a nearer base.

If they encounter an enemy patrol they will follow and then not make it to the new base, but rather try for home!

Doesn't seem to matter what orders you give them.

Something to look at for your next patch - once you've finished programming an AI thats acceptable to NASA and more importantly, 'BillyNoMates' lol

LOL - too funny

You really want to get banned don't you?

I assume you guys are talking about emptyt. What's his friggin problem? He's incapable of simply reporting a problem without making a personal attack against me. This kind of behavior is what starts flame wars and maybe he should be banned.

It seems to be when you patrol them beyond limit, with them to land at a nearer base.

If they encounter an enemy patrol they will follow and then not make it to the new base, but rather try for home!

This would be an appropriate flaw to fix.

WAIT! NO NO! The game is great the way it is. This is a wonderful great game and doesn't need a fix.

The planes work great the way they are. This is the greatest game ever made and the planes are fine. Nothing needs to be done.

Besides almost all the other wargames on the market have planes that run out of gas and crash. So nothing needs to be done with this. The planes work just fine the way they are.

EmptyT is getting obnoxious complaining about planes when they work just fine. EmptyT needs to quit complaining about planes since all the other wargames have planes that run out of fuel and crash so this is just fine.

Besides this only happens once in a while. Brit lost money on the game so he can't spend time fixing little minor stuff that happens only once in a while.

Besides there weren't very many copies of the game sold and Brit lost money so he can't spend all this time fixing something so minor that all the other games have wrong anyway.

So quit complaining. This isn't an appropriate flaw to fix. All the other games have the same thing and Brit has no time to fix this stuff. Leave Brit alone with your obnoxious complaints all the time.

Hi Brit

Something to look at for your next patch - once you've finished programming an AI thats acceptable to NASA and more importantly, 'BillyNoMates' lol

Someone else reported that bug recently, too, via the bug report. I haven't gotten to fix it though. Thanks for the heads up, though, since it let's me know how many people are seeing an issue.

Today I saw the AI drive a tank by a city and 4 capital ships of mine could not bombard the city. They could fire onto the tank but not the city.

On the other hand I flew a transport away from the AI into a city with several other units and had the AI fly planes after it and was able (like surgery) to single out my transport and hit and kill it only (strange). :(

Brit,

Ignore some of the idiots. Keep patching as you can. We appreciate all that you have done and the sacrifices you have made! :) NO AI is perfect. Not even close.

Idiots?????

So YOU are trying to start a flame war?

You have no clue between what is the difference between "not perfect" and "major flaw." If you ever get even half a brain maybe you will be able to figure it out.

Brit,

Ignore some of the idiots. Keep patching as you can. We appreciate all that you have done and the sacrifices you have made! :) NO AI is perfect. Not even close.

Did not appreciate the coment.

If you had done some checking on me you would see I have been one of the longest following members and have never caused and problems.:(

WAIT! NO NO! The game is great the way it is. This is a wonderful great game and doesn't need a fix.

The planes work great the way they are. This is the greatest game ever made and the planes are fine. Nothing needs to be done.

Besides almost all the other wargames on the market have planes that run out of gas and crash. So nothing needs to be done with this. The planes work just fine the way they are.

EmptyT is getting obnoxious complaining about planes when they work just fine. EmptyT needs to quit complaining about planes since all the other wargames have planes that run out of fuel and crash so this is just fine.

Besides this only happens once in a while. Brit lost money on the game so he can't spend time fixing little minor stuff that happens only once in a while.

Besides there weren't very many copies of the game sold and Brit lost money so he can't spend all this time fixing something so minor that all the other games have wrong anyway.

So quit complaining. This isn't an appropriate flaw to fix. All the other games have the same thing and Brit has no time to fix this stuff. Leave Brit alone with your obnoxious complaints all the time.

Come'on Rich. This rant is quite childish and it reminds me of my son when he was two and throwing a tantrum. Rich, the AI poke was in good fun and you should have just laughed it off. We all know that there is a big difference in fixing a bug where planes run out of fuel vs the all-seeing AI issue you are so determined to keep on the table.

Next time one of us pokes fun at you, just respond by saying. "eh - good one" or come back with something comical like - "maybe we should have had nasa write the AI" or just let it pass. I responded because of your negative response and the fact that you keep the fire burning. Let it go out and either play along or let the quips go by un-responded to. You take this board far too seriously.

That initial post included a personal attack against me. Emptyt has done it before and he did it again. It was not in fun. I am sick and tired of all the personal attacks against me just because I'd like to see this game improved. And I'm sick and tired of people telling me what to do and how to act.

The post you quoted was done all in good fun. It was a bit of satire and I laughed all the way through writing it. YOU should have just let it go or said "good one" instead of making a personal attack against me. YOU should take your own advice.

Today I saw the AI drive a tank by a city and 4 capital ships of mine could not bombard the city. They could fire onto the tank but not the city.

Was the enemy tank in the same location as the city, but not actually inside the city? Just wondering if maybe the interface was blocking you from hitting the city because the orders kept being set to attack the tank.

On the other hand I flew a transport away from the AI into a city with several other units and had the AI fly planes after it and was able (like surgery) to single out my transport and hit and kill it only (strange). :(

Sounds like the issue that was brought up recently - I need to block the AI from being able to target individual units inside cities. The code used to setup AI attack-targets is different from the code used by players to attack targets, and there's different behavior, but they're supposed to work the same.