Southern Hemisphere CM:BN Preview

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well “where” depends on how many are coming. :)

So say 2-3 my home in suburban Sydney.

4-10 a Conference Room I can access in the city.

10+ would need to be a larger venue (which would then need to be booked / paid for, etc.).

But generally all would be in the Sydney Metro area (say city to Parramatta type box, not Newcastle to Wollongong type box).

Hmm another preview in Feb , another in Feb or march. Do pre-orders tend to arrive prior or after preview ?

:)

Groan. :(

So having gone fishing with Rune and not getting a bite, you thought you’d throw the same line in here?

His earlier response still applies:

Don't read anything into the date, it is when I have time. How close to completion was not mentioned nor will it be.

Rune

any chance we can turn it into a rolling preview.......to the border......or should i do the melb ---> syd drive for this.....hhmmmm

Well I’m not going to Melb (apart from maybe round 2 of flood support) and besides why would you go past Pucka (the “Tuscany of the South”).

And I’m not aware of anything being held in Victoria so the ball is in your court. :)

On a brighter note Gibby, my fondest memory in the Navy was when USS Enterprise visited Fremantle in May(?) of '86 . Not sure how you east coast Aussies feel about them but I found the Perth natives very welcoming and overall I rate the Australian people the friendliest in all my travels. Well, the winter weather wasn't so great, but otherwise we had a blast! Just don't try to drink with any of them and keep up... you will lose. :o

Chicago in February not your scene?

Preview (or perhaps first depending on the times) being held in Sydney, Australia (do not go to Sydney, Nova Scotia or you maybe disappointed).

Post here.

Well lets hope there is one in the great white North!

Largest city in Canada would be nice? Toronto? Catch a preview, plus maybe a Leafs game at the same time?

Cheers

I had no idea my fellow OSX user was in Sydney. Our best friends live there (originally from Melbourne) and after spending some time in the Crows Nest part of town, have moved to rather posh digs up in Cremorne with a bit of a view of the Harbour bridge. I could probably convince the wife and kids that a trip down to visit them (and preview CM) would be a better use of money than a solo flight to Chicago. Nice winter so far?

Well lets hope there is one in the great white North!

Largest city in Canada would be nice? Toronto? Catch a preview, plus maybe a Leafs game at the same time?

Cheers

I'd be happy to host one in Waterloo at my offices if I could convince Steve to let me! Leafs? You want to go see a hockey game, right? The Leafs* (snicker).

* Old enough to remember their last Stanley Cup win. Know some of the old ones personally. Once a fan (with the Dave Keon autographs to prove it), now hockey is meh.

Well I’m not going to Melb (apart from maybe round 2 of flood support) and besides why would you go past Pucka (the “Tuscany of the South”).

For the great restaurants in Melbourne? To hang out and the banks of the Yarro with a can of VB and listening to tunes from my former fave band, the Weddos? (Weddings, Parties, Anything).

Well, the winter weather wasn't so great, but otherwise we had a blast! Just don't try to drink with any of them and keep up... you will lose. :o

Well just as well you didn’t come to the East coast for some serious drinking if you couldn’t keep up with the “sand gropers” in the West. :)

Nice winter so far?

Don’t know - its Summer here. :)

And No not a particularly great one.

Have just returned from helping with Flood relief in Brisbane / greater Queensland and bags are still packed in case we need to go to Victoria.

Had to arrange some counselling for what some of the guys saw there (death is never pretty).

But I guess it makes a change from helping to fight bushfires.

I'm *interested* but I couldn't say definite. 19th is less good for me - I have something on, but honestly its something I can rearrange.

You see, I'm from BrisVegas, and a couple mates and I were thinking of going to Melbourne GP. A bit of a trip and all that. But it's looking like it's going to fall through, so maybe I could suggest a road trip to Syderney to preview a game? It's possible.

Don’t know - its Summer here. :)

And No not a particularly great one.

Have just returned from helping with Flood relief in Brisbane / greater Queensland and bags are still packed in case we need to go to Victoria.

Had to arrange some counselling for what some of the guys saw there (death is never pretty).

But I guess it makes a change from helping to fight bushfires.

I do know that. Your winter is our summer etc. Guess my geography degree was good for something. Wasn't sure how Sydney was faring during the wet, was all. Did see the temps get way up once (into the 40s?). I'd heard Brisbane was not getting flooding. Wow.

I'm *interested* but I couldn't say definite. 19th is less good for me - I have something on, but honestly its something I can rearrange.

You see, I'm from BrisVegas, and a couple mates and I were thinking of going to Melbourne GP. A bit of a trip and all that. But it's looking like it's going to fall through, so maybe I could suggest a road trip to Syderney to preview a game? It's possible.

Well I hope things for you aren’t too bad in BrisVegas (guess they can’t be if you are thinking of a trip).

Have been up there myself the last couple of weeks and are now on standby for Victoria. :eek:

Anyway I wont know for certain yet myself until Monday.

We are having a meeting to work out what to do with the Christmas Leave plan that went out the window as TOOWOOMBA went under.

Need to sort out the march ins and those whose holidays had to be cancelled.

After that I’ll have a clearer idea of my leave for February. However I want to make sure that my subordinates (esp. the guys I took North) get first choice.

Wasn't sure how Sydney was faring during the wet, was all. Did see the temps get way up once (into the 40s?). I'd heard Brisbane was not getting flooding. Wow.

Well hot here but we are looking at helping our neighbours out.

Yes Brisbane (at least a pretty big slice of it) went under.

Similar stuff now happening in regional Victoria too.

And of course a lot of the water from inland QLD will end up in the Darling River so western NSW may well get wet too.

The man with the software calls the shots, methinks.

Love to get up to Sin City, but very unlikely to happen. How about Albury - none of us is local to the area, so misbehaviour won't haunt us, and it's a compromise (i.e. third rate solution) for all? Or Wagga? Aff is going to be pissed about the timing of this.