Southern Hemisphere CM:BN Preview

Chicago in February not your scene?

Can’t blame you given the its like a something from “The Day after Tomorrow”.

Well for those of you south of the Equator there will be the “second” CM:BN Preview (or perhaps first depending on the times) being held in Sydney, Australia (do not go to Sydney, Nova Scotia or you maybe disappointed).

Date: 13 - 28 February depending on responses (most likely either Sun 13, Sat 19 or Sun 20 Feb). It wont be the 14th.

If no one interested my place.

If hundreds interested I’ll book a venue.

Food, drink, accommodation: Your problem :)

Version shown: Depends on where things are at.

Other details: Will have it on a couple of machines and will build a LAN for the activity.

Probably a brief overview, lots of “Ooh! Ahh!” moments, then people can have a play and then come back here and list why its fundamentally flawed. :)

Questions, Queries, Expressions of interest?

Post here.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm . . . let me see, if I spend my frequent flyers going to Sydney for a game preview instead of a wedding anniversary present, then the seperation should occur about the time the game is released, giving me more free time to play. Which, if it's a great game could be worth it. Decisions, decisions.

Mmmm . . . let me see, if I spend my frequent flyers going to Sydney for a game preview instead of a wedding anniversary present, then the seperation should occur about the time the game is released, giving me more free time to play. Which, if it's a great game could be worth it. Decisions, decisions.

Assuming you had enough money left after the separation to buy it...

Hey Gibbo, aren't you being posted to East Sale RAAF base before end of January? You will have to change your venue!

What would make you think that I’d happily be transferred to a base full of RAA Lounge Lizards?

I’m afraid your information is faulty.

However they maybe able to give you a lift up here?

Why do you think I specifically excluded the 14th of February? ;)

I'd be interested, no specific date preference, any time would be great :)

So what does that mean?

So 0330 on the 23rd is OK for you?

I need indicative dates and times so I work out if its worthwhile to book a room somewhere or just have a BBQ at my place.

Have a look in your diary and get back to me, otherwise don’t complain that the room I booked wasn’t big enough. :)

I was surprised to see it's cheaper to fly to Sydney than to Chicago from here. :D

The sights and weather would be better too, and a couple of mates backbacking might be around there...Hhmm...There's apparently elephants and giraffes in the Zoo there, never seen one of those with my own eyes. :D

The absolutely cheapest package would mean flying in on monday the 14th and out on the 28th. I assume the city is full of cheap accommodation.

I was surprised to see it's cheaper to fly to Sydney than to Chicago from here. :D

Sorry don’t know where “here” is.

Sure you didn’t look at seats to Nova Scotia? :)

The sights and weather would be better too, and a couple of mates backbacking might be around there...Hhmm...There's apparently elephants and giraffes in the Zoo there, never seen one of those with my own eyes. :D

Yes a family of Thai / Asian Elephants five adults two babies (calfs?).

The African Elephants are out at the Western Plains Zoo (a big Savannah type park) at a place called Dubbo.

Here is Finland, I'm getting pissed off with the winter weather. Everyone's fleeing somewhere warm. Like in the last week one mate went off golfing to the Canary Islands, another went to Buenos Aires and some to Thailand. I was planning on getting a tan anyway. :D

Had a brief look at what there is to see in and around Sydney and it seems promising. Can anyone point me to some backbacker/nightlife/stuff to do for young people resource in the area? Need to figure out how much lodging costs around there.

Do post additional info as soon as it comes available, since the sooner I book the cheaper it will all be, most likely. I'm sitting here on Facebook looking at pictures people post of waterfalls and sunny beaches and crazy parties until sunrise. I have restless feet. :D

If the dates don't collide, why not attend both.

I've had plans to go somewhere warm anyway. It is so much fun spending 30 minutes every morning outside in the freezing weather, digging and pushing your car out of the snow and when you hit the road you have to dodge black Mercedes and Land Cruiser SUVs in Russian plates driven by pretty ladies talking on the phone while reading a blin recipe on her iPad. It's dangerous out here, man. :D

If the dates don't collide, why not attend both.

I've had plans to go somewhere warm anyway. It is so much fun spending 30 minutes every morning outside in the freezing weather, digging and pushing your car out of the snow and when you hit the road you have to dodge black Mercedes and Land Cruiser SUVs in Russian plates driven by pretty ladies talking on the phone while reading a blin recipe on her iPad. It's dangerous out here, man. :D

I had to go and look up what a blin was.

tmyk.gif

So what does that mean?

So 0330 on the 23rd is OK for you?

I need indicative dates and times so I work out if its worthwhile to book a room somewhere or just have a BBQ at my place.

Have a look in your diary and get back to me, otherwise don’t complain that the room I booked wasn’t big enough. :)

He he, if it was 0330 I would still seriously consider it, I'm dying to have a look at this beauty. Just meant to say that I'm happy to accommodate others who might have more constraints. Anyway, you asked so I'll answer, Feb 19th would suit me best.

Cheers