Widescreen resolution?

Any tricks on stretching the game resolution for widescreen?

I played this game quite a bit last year, and I swear I had the game rendering across my entire screen.... I have a HP w2408 24" widescreen.

I've been messing around changing my computer resolution, then deleting the prefs folder, then restarting the game. No matter what I do the game still renders in the same "box" per say once I launch it. Yes, it's asking me to accept the "new" resolution each time I delete the prefs file and restart the game, the level of detail and size of the units in game changes, but not the edges of the game screen. There's about 2 inches of black on each side of the game, to the edge of my screen. Seems like the game wont stretch past 20" no matter what resolution I enter.

Any way to tinker around with my Nvidia settings?

Odd, i knew the last time I was playing in the spring that the game was filling my screen.

Well hell, what am I doing different now... The game's been on my hard drive, I just launched it and started playing. Nothing's changed... except for the fact that I adjust my resolution for other games I play.

Like I said, no matter what resolution I use, the game screen doesnt adjust sizes, just the level of detail changes. Is there something I'm missing?

I think the answer lies in your monitor's onscreen menu. On my Samsung 24" monitor I can select the image size as being either Auto or Widescreen. Try starting the game with the first display resolution CMBB offers you once you have deleted the prefs file. Then, with the game running, try cycling through the monitor's own menu options. Hoping this also explains why, having had the game on your HDD all the time, you now notice a change. Good luck!

The 'optimum' resolution of the HP w2408 display is 1920x1200 at 60Hz. Unfortunately this is BEYOND the CMx1 series resolution capability.

The CMx1 series came out before widescreen monitors and their resolutions were popular (or even available in most cases). The series only supported a limited number of discrete resolutions that were of the standard 4:3 aspect ratio with the largest resolution being supported of 1600x1200.

For the HP w2408 display bring up your monitor's OSD (On Screen Display) Menu by pressing the 'Menu' button. In here go to the 'Custom Scaling' menu, which is an icon with a box in the middle with arrows pointing outward to each of the four corners. Select "Fill to Screen" to have CM fill your entire screen. You'll want to do this when you have selected a resolution within CM (I'd suggest 1600x1200).

The problem with this is that your aspect ratios will probably get distorted, with items being wider than they actually are. The effect may be minimal, but it is something you have to see to judge.