CM:BN Beta AAR/DAR Bois de Baugin US side

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't it be in CMBN?

Something might've changed...but I kinda figured leaves would be removed. What I am really hoping for is a more destroyed/ravaged look...like with broken trunks and such.

Mord.

In the case of a heavy weapon team the gunner's primary weapon is always the crew served weapon (code thing more than anything).

Steve

I like how you guys are showing the rifles being shouldered when they have something else in their hands...very cool.

Mord.

(In the interest of being able to keep track of whats going on when I'm going to include the approximate time of day but as a starting reference point this post starts around 10 minutes into the battle)

1430hrs

It’s on…No turning back now.

3rd Platoon A Company 741st Tank Battalion begins to lay down smoke on the hillside. Working to create a smoke shield from any possible hostile fire coming from my right. As they begin their task I see a Jagdpanzer IV come into view.

3rd%201%20small.jpg

Full size

It fires. The first shot bounces off the Shermans turret. The second shot goes high. During this the Sherman is able to get off a shot (see front screen shot of the BFC site …I had almost the exact same shot ready to post). But the third shot is enough to take out the Sherman. The crew bails out.

In this shot you can see the smoke screen forming on the right. Too late for these guys though.

3rd%202%20small.jpg

Full size

The advance up the hill begins. There is no way to stop it now. The artillery is falling on the tree line and the Shermans are doing their best to create a smoke shield for the advance.

3rd%203%20small.jpg

Full size

Meanwhile on my right flank I notice another Jpz IV making its way to my right flank. Just what I need. These things are tough as nails and I have no confidence that a frontal shot from any armor I have will be able to knock them out. For now I have to focus on the left side and take care of business there. I’ll worry about this guy when the time comes.

3rd%204%20small.jpg

Full size

Also on my right flank my probing squad has safely (minus the one guy from the screen shot with my first casualty..may god have mercy on his poor pathetic soul) arrived at a wall with a decent view of the hill to the right of the villa. They are able to spot a man in a officers uniform with binoculars and clear view of their position.

3rd%205%20small.jpg

Full size

3rd%206%20small.jpg

Full size

Again, I think that I have to worry about this once I have a flank position on the entire battlefield.

The march up the hill is going extremely well. I have lost 2 men. One from a mine and the other I can’t tell the source. There is so much smoke and the ground is shaking from the 105mm artillery pounding the top of the hill. All hell is breaking loose and because I caused it I couldn’t be happier.

3rd%207%20small.jpg

Full size

The advance of 2nd Platoon is going so well I throw caution to the wind and take advantage of the smoke by ordering 1st Platoon and a Sherman and both trucks with the 57mm guns to get up the hill as fast as possible. This is working far better than expected. I have to get up there while the smoke is still thick.

3rd%208%20small.jpg

Full size

As I near the top of the hill I seem to be taking fire but through all the chaos I can’t tell where it’s coming from. Men from 1st Platoon are taking casualties from getting too close to the incoming artillery. All in all it looks like I’ve taken about 30% casualties in a very short time. If you had told me before the advance that I would take 30% to bring 2 platoons, a Sherman and both guns to the top of the hill I would have taken it in a New York second.

3rd%209%20small.jpg

Full size

Nice.

More pretty screenshots. Love the smoke effects, really looking good.

And good to see you take to the hills so easily :)

Btw, I think it really suspicious our 'friend with the tube' from earlier just 'happens to be around' when the Sherman gets knocked out by some 'un indentified german armor in the mist'. Right....

I request a thorough investigation of this incident! :D

3rd2small.jpg

Btw, I think it really suspicious our 'friend with the tube' from earlier just 'happens to be around' when the Sherman gets knocked out by some 'un indentified german armor in the mist'. Right....

Your request is denied, Lieutenant.

Further inquiry into this matter will result in court martial. Some things are best left alone... (menacing look).

This AAR is simply brilliant. Clears up a lot of questions for me (hey, I am old and all) and simply reinforces the belief that I will never, ever stop playing this bloody game. I thought that after the OSX no-RAVE debacle I'd left my addiction to my favourite Mac game of all time behind. I know, as only an addict can, now that I can't. Giddy with excitement to play. Must get in a few more games of Combat Commander: Europe before this CMBN drug hits my door.

Really, I am overly excited about this game. I am almost sure that if it's the only game I buy in 2011, I will be happy. This is so nice I want to go play CMAK, but when I do I will want the graphics and 1 - 1 infantry of CMSF, and then after it all I will end up going Blue vs Blue in NATO, USA vs Germany, and it's all your fault. ;) Really nice DAR, getting me pumped, who do I have to give a first born child to in order to get on the Beta team. I have a wife too if anyone wants her instead ;)

Anyone remember this guy?

Tourist_guy.jpg

The funniest things were all the follow ups that had him at everything that ever happened...ever..

How many Shots did that Sherman take to take out that Sniper Position and what Range was it? How long did your Troops stood there until you recognized the Enemy? How fast did other Units rec that the Enemy was there? Any Delay on C2 Commands? Or same Speed as CMSF?

How many Shots did that Sherman take to take out that Sniper Position and what Range was it? How long did your Troops stood there until you recognized the Enemy? How fast did other Units rec that the Enemy was there? Any Delay on C2 Commands? Or same Speed as CMSF?

The Sherman fired one shot. It spotted the sniper unit in the first 2 seconds of the game. The range was probably about 450m. No other units saw it before it was knocked out. Most of my units were still in the back set up area when it happened.