CM:BN Beta AAR/DAR Bois de Baugin US side

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elvis, great AAR - keep it going! With as long as the battle is, seems like you have quite a bit of time to proble out his defenses and then commit the rest of your forces.

Some quick questions:

1. Seems like F and most of G Co. are committed. Is E Co. onmap yet?

E company is not on the map. IThe briefing told me not to expect further reinforcements.

2. You havnt mentioned it, but did you ORBAT include I Co. (Weapons)? If so, whats your plans for them? Or are those the 81's your calling from offmap?

I do not have a complete weapons company on may.

3. Did your Co's start out at mostly full strength or were they depleted a little?

I started at close to 100% strength

Thanks and keep up the good fight!

Chad

Edit: Sorry, you posted your request while I was posting my questions! Sorry :)

Thanks, I'll do what I can.

Para, don't worry about Shaw. He's about as useful as a toilet made out of yarn. Anyway, I'm the guy who gets to insult Elvis around here, the filthy swine, may his nether regions wither and become gangrenous, Luna willing.

Poor form and from a senior member too. I will take your advice MrPeng and ignore him.

Poor form and from a senior member too. I will take your advice MrPeng and ignore him.

I think you may find this is some spillage from that most reviled thread, named after the chief miscreant, the Peng thread. While such things are to be condemned and deplored by all of good taste, it should, perhaps, not be taken too serious. :)

Boy, good shots Elvis. Mouth-watering!

One question: Alot of the GI's have a rifle slung on their shoulders while carrying one in their hands...are these just animations-in-transition captured in freeze-frame, or rummaged from Buddy-Aid, or a glitch?

One question: Alot of the GI's have a rifle slung on their shoulders while carrying one in their hands...are these just animations-in-transition captured in freeze-frame, or rummaged from Buddy-Aid, or a glitch?

It's a current bug being tracked, don't worry about it. ;) Just in case you aren't familiar with Cmx2, soldiers can pick up weapons from fallen comrades, but some of them are bit overzealous about it right now.

Tube Guy went missing :confused:

That schreck team might be up to no good.... :D

Where is tube Guy?

Krilly...Tube Guy may or may not have made it...

tubeguy.jpg

Great shots Elvis! That woods pic was (like everyone stated) really nice. Gives me an idea of what fog shrouded forests are gonna look like.

Nice cliff hanger on the shrek...mid flight...will the Sherman Die? Or shrug it off? Will the Shrek jockey eat hot lead like his buddy? Or disappear into the wood to attack another day?...and better yet will Krilly and Tube Guy be reunited?...until tomorrow...tune in...same Bat Time...same Bat Channel.

Mord.

I think you may find this is some spillage from that most reviled thread, named after the chief miscreant, the Peng thread. While such things are to be condemned and deplored by all of good taste, it should, perhaps, not be taken too serious. :)

okey dokey

This has been a very interesting drama, and peek at the game. Thanks for the great shots, and reporting Elvis. You have a very entertaining style, Keep up the good work! Look forward to see how this is going end.

Now to read Jon's view

E company is not on the map. IThe briefing told me not to expect further reinforcements.

Okay, so its up to 'just' F and G Co then. So I can see why your a little stressed about losses then. 1/3 of your rifle platoons is pretty chewed up. Regardless, keep pressing forward!

And keep posting those great pics! Agree with the others, the one running through the smoke is great.

Chad

PS Oh, and the schreck one is good too :D

What do your think of your infantry losses? You seemed to have played well enough but your losses seem excessive considering what has been involved, I just hope that the game plays realistically in that regard and does not create blood fests. What happens with the crews of disabled tanks, are they available to join in the fight?

Keep up the good reporting, useful and enjoyable.

Okay, so its up to 'just' F and G Co then. So I can see why your a little stressed about losses then. 1/3 of your rifle platoons is pretty chewed up. Regardless, keep pressing forward!

And keep posting those great pics! Agree with the others, the one running through the smoke is great.

Chad

PS Oh, and the schreck one is good too :D

I have other infantry assets that I probably should have mentioned as being held in reserve. If I had lost 1/3 of my total infantry I would probably be considering a ceasefire.

Perhaps ... perhaps ...

Mind you Peng's right ... he IS a swine ... but he's OUR swine by the Gawds and it's only fitting that a Seniour Knight of the Peng Challenge Thread should be one of the participants in the first CMBN AAR ... he'll lose of course but he will .... REPRESENT!

Joe

Something that CM:SF/CM:A players are used to, which I think CMx1 only players are getting a whiff of here, is how different the infantry fighting feels with the 1:1 simulation. No doubt about it, 10 years ago it was pretty cool to see Moe, Larry, and Curely marching lock step across a field and then seeing one of them twitch backwards (while still running, of course) as the enemy artillery rounds fell on it. But 10 years later it is sure nice to see we can now have this:

6-5%20small.jpg

6-6%20small.jpg

instead of what things used to be like:

38014500.jpg

Steve