More random questions regarding CM:BN

So many questions regarding the Screenshots and TO&E....and let me also point out that the B.A.R. is missing from the American small arms list, and that the MG34 is listed twice in the German small arms list. I don't know if it was supposed to be something else or just typed in twice, but there you go. Now, the questions....

1. I noticed on the screencap of the Airborne Parachute battalion that all the infantry sport the M1A1 Carbine. Will there be Garands and possibly B.A.R.s thrown into the mix, especially if their equipment status is Good or Excellent?

2. Also, I see that the M1917A1 Water cooled .30 cal machine gun is listed. Will it have a longer sustained ROF as compared to other air-cooled LMGs-MMGs, and is there a noticeable difference between how long machine gun crews hold down the trigger as compared to their CM:SF counterparts?

3. As has been mentioned all, fieldworks(Trenches, foxholes, etc.) are modeled above the ground in 3D. But with terrain still being deformed by large explosions, what happens when one such field work is hit with a large artillery piece? Does it disappear at that action point where the crater appears, or does it shift to the new terrain below it? And if it disappears, does that mean the small buildings or bunkers, if hit with a large enough shell, disappear? Or do we get the same effect as CM:SF, where you have a giant hole except where the building was, which leaves a giant pillar of earth in the center?

Thanks again for all the hard work, everything looks wonderful!!

1. I noticed on the screencap of the Airborne Parachute battalion that all the infantry sport the M1A1 Carbine. Will there be Garands and possibly B.A.R.s thrown into the mix, especially if their equipment status is Good or Excellent?

Notice that the screencap is basically of the PIB's heavy weapons teams. Aside from the gunners themselves, their supporting troops are largely equipped with carbines. The rifle platoons have Garands and a bunch of other guns, rest assured. ;)

Since you're answering random questions, I saw the expanded weapons list put up today. I love the naval weapons support. Do we get the 20mm flak single and quad in the initial release however?

Thanks and Merry Christmas. I hope NATO and Afghanistan sales were good enough to make for a generous Santa this year. Who knows maybe someday you can afford another Weasel ;)

Oh, and the answer to #3 is relevant to how it works in CM:SF now. The terrain modifications from explosions tend to work around structures because we don't have modeling for structures under ground suddenly being exposed.

M1917 fires longer before it gets too hot to fire.

Steve

Just a bit confused on one point. I see what your saying about how shell craters will not excavate underneath structures, I get that. I guess what I am asking now is if foxholes and trenches are considered structures as far as the game engine is concerned. For example, say if an action point containing foxholes gets directly hit with a 14" naval shell. will the foxholes just disappear and leave nothing but a giant crater, or will there be a giant crater with 3-4 foxholes anthilling out of the center of it?

Thank you for the info on the Parachute Battalion. I remember that the glider battalions are almost exactly equipped as other leg infantry units(at least on the company or below level) but I was a little fuzzy concerning P.I.R. loadouts. Now that I think back on it, The P.I.R. squads had a mix of carbines, Garands, and Thompsons, just no B.A.R.s on the official TO&E until Arnhem, I think.