What does all this mean?

There are hints in the screenshots that the game is not exactly days away from completion so you don't have to sit by your computer waiting for the big announcement. Uniforms aren't quite finalized and they're only showing you one of the five Panther types for instance. No, that doesn't imply "grave problems". Just that things are getting finished in an orderly manner. (I recall CMSF basegame installed its last weapon skin one day before 'going gold') The forum guys wanted a Normandy forum A.S.A.P. so Moon put up the Normandy site as quickly as was practical.

The best indication of a release date is when we open pre-orders. We only open pre-orders when we are wrapping up the last items. This usually happens 4-6 weeks before the actual release.

So looks like February at the earliest. Lots of time to have fun for Xmas and spring break for you college boys ;)

I'm thinking March.Anytime January to early March is fine because I can plan my time off during anytime in that time frame.I own my own business so time off can be anytime,but this time frame is my slow season so it would be best from a financial standpoint to take a couple weeks off during these months.I figure I will need two weeks off to fully appreciate the game and all its nuances.Besides,I need to learn to mod and I have been waiting for this title to come out to delve into the crazy World of you modding types.:D

I recall CMSF basegame installed its last weapon skin one day before 'going gold'

i dont want to be picky here, but we must not forgett that CMSF came out in very early beta stage. so i would not be surprised if CMSF´s anything was rushed in the very last moment.

i dont hope and i dont think you can compare this to CMBN in that case.