Landingcraft, parachutes in Normandy?

Like CMBO, nobody can parachute or glide into the battle. But as Jaws says, we do have full US Airborne (Parachute and Glider) formations in the game.

No landing craft.

Steve

Thanks Steve and sorry for my repetition :rolleyes:

I was the creator of the first page in Spanish Mission combat, platooncm was called after www.panzerzug.es created, there still competing with the old CM. :cool:

We are waiting for "Normandy" are nervous while playing the shock force :eek:

No, troops dropping in on parachutes will not be shown. Nor do they need to be. Paras dropping in to combat were the exception, not the rule. so modelling parachutes seems to me work for little reward.

Especially since we have always been able to place reinforcements all over a map, simulating par drops whenever the need arose.

Thank you Elmar for you answer :)

With no game knowledge whatsoever, as soon as I saw the water I thought how the invasion could be simulated. Set water (as wide as possible) along one map edge. Create the Normandy coastline on the other.

For landing craft, piers, docks, or bridges could be placed along the shore. In my imagination the piers would be open ground rectangles (put a wall around it if you'd like) placed along the beach. They would simulate landing craft. Each would be a reinforcement zone. During the battle, the reinforcements appear in the zones.

It's not perfect, but it would be VERY doable.

Ken

Yes there's water but no surf or tides, etc.

So the best you can have is "post landing" (i.e. on the beach but not in the landing craft)

Same same Paras and Gliders.

You can replicate them on the DZ / LZ (and reflect casualties due to people being hurt landing, etc.) but not the actual act of arriving or regrouping post drop, etc.