CM:BN, BFN, BfN, WTH?

Now that we have a new section celebrating the upcoming newest title in the Combat Mission line we have a difficult decision to make lads.

Should the new title be abbreviated as CM:BN, CM:BfN, CM:BFN or should the colon be dropped entirely in something of a retro move to fit in with the earlier CMBO, CMBB and CMAK formats?

And should we ostracize those who don't conform ... I mean we'll ostracize them anyway in the Peng Challenge Thread (just in general if not for their choice of abbreviation) but what about here on the Outreboards?

And no, I don't want to hear any nonsense about leaving it up to BFC ... Steve's lucky if he can decide whether he should wear socks on a given day.

Joe

Wasn't the top-secret code name for the Segue scooter thing "Ginger"? I think all references to "Combat Mission:Battle for Normandy" should use the name "Ginger". Look at Ginger's new features! Here's the keyboard command for mounting and dismounting in Ginger. Ginger can handle a full battallion if you don't mind turn-based play. :D

Well, not to stick my head into what may become the first peng of the offical Normandy forums, but BFC set forth the offical and sanctioned way:

Its the first line on the overview.

Pay attention here Chad, it's not UP to BFC ... it's our decision as the users to make the designation stick. Fairchild Republic wanted to call the A-10 the Thunderbolt II but it's universally known as the Warthog.

Also remember Steve and socks ...

Joe

The reason for the colon in the abbreviation is because it helps with the concept of separation of the game engine (Combat Mission) from the specific content of that particular product:

CM:SF

CM:BN

CM:AA

CM:BB

CM:CC

Compare to:

CMSF

CMBN

CMAA

CMBB

CMCC

It's a minor thing, but marketing gurus will tell you that little stuff like this does matter. Dunno if I believe that fully or not, but I do know it doesn't hurt to have the colon in there so why not do it? :D

And before anybody asks, the last three in the list are not real name titles. This is a bone free thread!

Steve

Pay attention here Chad, it's not UP to BFC ... it's our decision as the users to make the designation stick. Fairchild Republic wanted to call the A-10 the Thunderbolt II but it's universally known as the Warthog.

Also remember Steve and socks ...

Joe

No arguments there. I will still just call it 'Normandy'. We have been calling it 'Normandy' for years - dont think that habbit will ever break.

I'm not sure which is more disturbing ... that you've self identified as a Gilligan's Island grog or that you can provided a Wiki link to prove your point.

Joe

Well Joe, since I've always maintained I'm not a grog, this has been somewhat of an epiphany for me. This being the first peng thread in this forum, it needs a disturbing element to keep a certain level of continuity with peng-threads-past (a Dickensonian tribute).

Well Joe, since I've always maintained I'm not a grog, this has been somewhat of an epiphany for me. This being the first peng thread in this forum, it needs a disturbing element to keep a certain level of continuity with peng-threads-past (a Dickensonian tribute).

Whoa, wait a minute there Buckeroo ... this isn't an official Peng Challenge Thread. I'm just covering the type of important information and asking the hard questions that we typically deal with on the Peng Challenge Thread.

We do anticipate an official incarnation of the Peng Challenge Thread here shortly ... for which I'm sure Steve , and indeed all of BFC, will be eternally grateful.

Joe

Whoa, wait a minute there Buckeroo ... this isn't an official Peng Challenge Thread. I'm just covering the type of important information and asking the hard questions that we typically deal with on the Peng Challenge Thread.

We do anticipate an official incarnation of the Peng Challenge Thread here shortly ... for which I'm sure Steve , and indeed all of BFC, will be eternally grateful.

Joe

Thank God, I was feeling dirty for a minute there. Thought I had stumbled into something.

Joe

Ummm... and the A-10 isn't officially a Warthog either.