Some random Questions

Sure but if you want some totally inclusive "all things to all men" package like CMBO was (at least in terms of vehicle types, nationalities, etc.) then you'd be waiting another how many years?

Just think how long its taken to get this one out (and no its not a 5 minute job to model a new vehicle type or check and build the TO&E for a specific outfit, let alone nation).

Besides BTS (as it was then) has learned not to sell a single all inclusive solution when most people will buy successive modules (with extra content, etc.) as they come out, giving them a revenue stream.

Its 0555 on the 25th here so Merry Christmas! :)

Sure but if you want some totally inclusive "all things to all men" package like CMBO was (at least in terms of vehicle types, nationalities, etc.) then you'd be waiting another how many years?

Just think how long its taken to get this one out (and no its not a 5 minute job to model a new vehicle type or check and build the TO&E for a specific outfit, let alone nation).

Besides BTS (as it was then) has learned not to sell a single all inclusive solution when most people will buy successive modules (with extra content, etc.) as they come out, giving them a revenue stream.

Its 0555 on the 25th here so Merry Christmas! :)

Sure Merry Christmas to you as well, but how hard would it have been to make different helmets, camo smocks and a couple of FG-42s?

Well..... yeah, it probably would have been hard to model the Edelweiss, so I understand.

But that's not the end of it, is it?

They have a different structure, ranks, etc.

If all that was required has take a leg infantry Heer Platoon and rename it yes it would have been out earlier but then there would be a storm of criticism that:

"That's not the right TO&E".

"They never had weapon type X?"

"Where's weapon type Y?"

"The ballistics for weapon type Z (say FG-42) is all messed up."

You can't have it both ways. :)

But that's not the end of it, is it?

They have a different structure, ranks, etc.

If all that was required has take a leg infantry Heer Platoon and rename it yes it would have been out earlier but then there would be a storm of criticism that:

"That's not the right TO&E".

"They never had weapon type X?"

"Where's weapon type Y?"

"The ballistics for weapon type Z (say FG-42) is all messed up."

You can't have it both ways. :)

Why not? I just want to play a Carentan battle, is that too much to ask?

Certainly the TO&E would not be drasticly affected by the 81 mm short mortar.

Well you have two options then.

1. Wait for the module with the stuff you want in it to come out or

2. Try something else.

Steve et al have been saying for months what would be in it and they are just delivering on that plan.

Damn you Aussies are really humorless aren't you?

Just kidding....I'm one of the last people who likes to pick nits, I'm just yanking your chain.

Have a Wonderful Christmas. Hopefully we will all be playing in Normandy real soon, even if we don't have the Fallschirmjaeger right away.

Damn you Aussies are really humorless aren't you?

Just kidding....I'm one of the last people who likes to pick nits, I'm just yanking your chain.

Have a Wonderful Christmas. Hopefully we will all be playing in Normandy real soon, even if we don't have the Fallschirmjaeger right away.

Sorry but the absence of the usual combat indicators (you know :), :P, ;), :D, etc.) implied that I had to take your post seriously. :)

Hope you have a great festive season too.

Currently this is still an issue we haven't quite solved yet. There are a number of proposed solutions to this but nothing has yet to be implemented. However, it is on a VERY short list of feature needs which Charles is currently evaluating. I am sure we will have some sort of solution implemented very soon.

Steve

Would it be possible to give foxholes ammo? Or trenches? That could easily fix this *and* would certainly be realistic. The defender would obviously have a number of them, and the attacker could be given a minimum amount per platoon or company - these would essentially be the forward CP.

Or, a graphic for an actual CP or OP that can be purchased and placed similar to trenches. So say in a meeting engagement QB, you could purchase a few CP's to help with ammo supply.

Weve got tons of ideas if you want them :D

Chad