Some random Questions

ok i read all and everything there was to read on the CM:BN page. out of this are resulting some specific questions.

but at first i have to say that i have to admit that the game, most probably cranked up to max settings for the screens, looks very very good for CM. not that i care too much about it but its simply nice to have.

now on to the questions;

1. are the "smal" ATG´s towable like in CMx1 with a halftrack or truck? i am pretty sure the pak43 and 88mm flak will NOT be towable but will be set up in setup phase and are stationary from that moment.

but the 75mm or 50mm pak´s as example should be towable.

and can they move on their own, at slow speed as they could in CMx1?

2. about vehicle speeds; i am wondering if vehicles speeds will "match" CMx1 speeds. both in movement and rotateing performace?

like, when i take vehicle X and go to CMBB and take the same vehicle X, will it drive the 100 meters(well, any distance :D ) in the same time in both games? same goes for rotation?

3. how is ammo refill handled for none motorized formations, i assume they(Mot units) carry ammo and stuff in the vehicles to acquire, similar to CMSF, but infantry formations in CMSF could not get any refill, so is it the same for CMBN? there was some talk at some point about ammo dumps or such to be placed in the editor or setup phase? is this somehow realized or are infantry formations simply dry after minutes of combat and no longer of use, like they where in CMx1? except of the rare short distance suicide dash to get a dry squad to hand to hand distance :D

i would love to hear more about all or at least any of the 3 questions as the CMBN page was not mentioning any of this at all.

PS.: the TOE page does list the MG34 "twice" for german small arms.

3. how is ammo refill handled for none motorized formations, i assume they(Mot units) carry ammo and stuff in the vehicles to acquire, similar to CMSF, but infantry formations in CMSF could not get any refill, so is it the same for CMBN? there was some talk at some point about ammo dumps or such to be placed in the editor or setup phase? is this somehow realized or are infantry formations simply dry after minutes of combat and no longer of use, like they where in CMx1? except of the rare short distance suicide dash to get a dry squad to hand to hand distance :D

I asked this exact question earlier in the month. No reply yet.

A number of solutions were suggested: OP, CP, bunkers, trenches, or even designated building that would have an ammo storage.

Also:

1. what about 20mm and 37mm FlaK guns? are these in?

2. and will these "discourage"/shoot down enemy aircraft?

3. will there be a Wirbelwind/Möbelwagen? iirc these were used in Normandy

These are ones I can (in a way) answer without breaking my NDA! Basically, I can say this: go have a gander at the vehicle/equipment/weapons list on the website. ;)

(Sorry, Pandur, I can answer your questions but then Steve may have to kill me. I don't want to risk it. :D)

These are ones I can (in a way) answer without breaking my NDA! Basically, I can say this: go have a gander at the vehicle/equipment/weapons list on the website. ;)

(Sorry, Pandur, I can answer your questions but then Steve may have to kill me. I don't want to risk it. :D)

So the answer is no on all accounts? :P

So the answer is no on all accounts? :P

i guess so :(

thats quiet a bad thing, little 50mm Pak´s and IG´s immobile the whole game? ATG´s unimportant and verry much useless on large maps as they are immobile after setup,...that "would" be a big letdown in my eyes.

the question about vehicles speed was more out of curiosity, but immobile ATG´s and IG´s and no refill for infantry formation "would" be quiet depressing.

lets hope it doesnt end up like i expect it right now.

thats quiet a bad thing, little 50mm Pak´s and IG´s immobile the whole game? ATG´s unimportant and verry much useless on large maps as they are immobile after setup,...that "would" be a big letdown in my eyes.

the question about vehicles speed was more out of curiosity, but immobile ATG´s and IG´s and no refill for infantry formation "would" be quiet depressing.

Dude, read his post again and see which questions he addressed. ATGs aren't even mentioned in it.

yea sure because he is not allowed, he addressed not a single question as he said himself, it wont do good for his beta tester status.

so, when i post 3 simple questions that could be answered with YES/NO, and quiet some houers later a beta tester is coming into the thread, while steve is posting and answering questions in other threads, and tells me he could answer them but is in fact not allowed...it does not look positive at all.

you expect me to have any hopes left in this case? i dont expect anyone to post how exactly everything works, but a simple yes or no would set expectations to the right level without giving away how a feature possibly works.

yea sure because he is not allowed, he addressed not a single question as he said himself, it wont do good for his beta tester status.

so, when i post 3 simple questions that could be answered with YES/NO, and quiet some houers later a beta tester is coming into the thread, while steve is posting and answering questions in other threads, and tells me he could answer them but is in fact not allowed...it does not look positive at all.

you expect me to have any hopes left in this case? i dont expect anyone to post how exactly everything works, but a simple yes or no would set expectations to the right level without giving away how a feature possibly works.

Because we can only say what Steve has already said or is already on the website. You are extrapolating a lot from the barest shreds of information. In the worst case you might start a frenzy over something that might not even be an issue. So just chill out and have a bit of patience, alright? It's Dec 23rd. I hope Steve isn't back on here until after the holidays.

yes well, thats how it works, the less info you get the more you start to make up stuff in your mind, be it right or wrong.

anyways, starting a frenzy over something that "might" not be an issue, i consider it a good thing as it will clear up the issue generally very fast. before enough damage is done someone comes and tells the truth.

Dec 23rd? so what? it could be May the 5th in my eyes, that makes no difference. Dec 23rd is a day like any other, where people work and things.

so, let me chill out now, i am all worked up because of this damn Xmas tomorrow. this gona be horrible, i wish it is over already.

Also:

1. what about 20mm and 37mm FlaK guns? are these in?

2. and will these "discourage"/shoot down enemy aircraft?

3. will there be a Wirbelwind/Möbelwagen? iirc these were used in Normandy

I don't think there actually were any Wirbelwinds in Normandy but there were Flak PZ 38s.

But we have 3 more modules to go before they complete this family so there's a good chance we get them all eventually. They said King Tigers will come with the Commonwealth module.

I do expect you to have at least some hope left. I was just being on the safe side. It's possible to ask an awful lot of "yes or no" questions that would cause me to get kicked out of beta testing for answering. ;)

Hopefully Steve will come along and answer your questions soon.

I was checking out screenshots again and saw a little something you might be interested in:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=276&Itemid=460

Check out the truck on the left. I cant be 100% sure but it looks like it might be towing a gun.

Sorry...link takes you to TO&E. Look at the second pic in the first group. Panzergrenadier Mot Bat.

Also...look at the truck way in the back (the one full of troops). It looks like it has a gun in tow as well.

You are extrapolating a lot from the barest shreds of information.

Heh, I recall back when the very first CM:BN screenshot was posted perhaps two years ago. It was a pleasant 3/4 view of a Tiger I in a field of flowers. From that one photo some posters deduced that not only had CM:BN gone entirely to hell, but that BFC was on the verge of bankruptcy and Steve enjoyed drowning puppies in his back pond! All that from one screenshot. ;)

I might be posting in other threads, but I generally don't have time to post in all threads at the same time. In case nobody here has noticed, there's been a LOT of questions tossed at me in a very short space of time.

Answers:

1. are the "smal" ATG´s towable like in CMx1 with a halftrack or truck? i am pretty sure the pak43 and 88mm flak will NOT be towable but will be set up in setup phase and are stationary from that moment.

but the 75mm or 50mm pak´s as example should be towable.

and can they move on their own, at slow speed as they could in CMx1?

Yes, small/medium guns can be towed. Large guns, like the Pak43 and Flak36 can not be.

2. about vehicle speeds; i am wondering if vehicles speeds will "match" CMx1 speeds. both in movement and rotateing performace?

like, when i take vehicle X and go to CMBB and take the same vehicle X, will it drive the 100 meters(well, any distance ) in the same time in both games? same goes for rotation?

I have no idea. I haven't played a CMx1 game since about 2005. What I can say is the data we used for both games is based on real world data, as is everything, so I expect the effects will be roughly the same.

3. how is ammo refill handled for none motorized formations, i assume they(Mot units) carry ammo and stuff in the vehicles to acquire, similar to CMSF, but infantry formations in CMSF could not get any refill, so is it the same for CMBN? there was some talk at some point about ammo dumps or such to be placed in the editor or setup phase? is this somehow realized or are infantry formations simply dry after minutes of combat and no longer of use, like they where in CMx1? except of the rare short distance suicide dash to get a dry squad to hand to hand distance

Currently this is still an issue we haven't quite solved yet. There are a number of proposed solutions to this but nothing has yet to be implemented. However, it is on a VERY short list of feature needs which Charles is currently evaluating. I am sure we will have some sort of solution implemented very soon.

Steve

????

Mikey sad:

From that one photo some posters deduced that not only had CM:BN gone entirely to hell, but that BFC was on the verge of bankruptcy and Steve enjoyed drowning puppies in his back pond! All that from one screenshot. ;)

to which I responded:

A gentleman from Canada perhaps? ;)

Namely someone who has excessed "negative vibes" about this project in the past.

Perhaps you need to drink some more eggnog to join the dots ... ;)

Supposing that the SdKfz 7 is eventually added to the game, would those guns then become towable? If they begin the game hooked up?

thats a very good question, if the scenario designer hooks up the gun in the editor it could work out very well.

only problem would be that if you unload the gun and its in the wrong place by some few meters, it is still stuck the whole game. but well, thats the problem of the player then :D

steve, thanks for answering the questions, i am glad small guns are able to be towed.

and sorry to everyone for my bad mood yesterday.