[WIP] Helmand Project

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like an update on this. Having just watched a BBC documentary about the entire British involvement in Helmand, from the "Platoon Houses" of 2006 through to the "Clear, Hold, Build" doctrine of today, I would love someone to do a campaign using all these mods.

For a Helmand campaign you could do a traditional campaign involving a single British Infantry company on its 6 month tour in the country, or you could forget about casualties carrying over and do more of a historical campaign. This would be my personal choice.

A historical campaign would span the entire length of the conflict: 16 Air Assault in first couple of scenarios, Royal Marine Commandos in the next set, The Grenadier Guards in the next, 2 Rifles in another, etc.

The aim of such a campaign would be to provide a history lesson covering Britain's involvement in Helmand from 2006 to today, with scenarios typifying the kind of engagements at that time, rather than leading the same force through several battles.

I would also like an update on this. Having just watched a BBC documentary about the entire British involvement in Helmand, from the "Platoon Houses" of 2006 through to the "Clear, Hold, Build" doctrine of today, I would love someone to do a campaign using all these mods.

For a Helmand campaign you could do a traditional campaign involving a single British Infantry company on its 6 month tour in the country, or you could forget about casualties carrying over and do more of a historical campaign. This would be my personal choice.

A historical campaign would span the entire length of the conflict: 16 Air Assault in first couple of scenarios, Royal Marine Commandos in the next set, The Grenadier Guards in the next, 2 Rifles in another, etc.

The aim of such a campaign would be to provide a history lesson covering Britain's involvement in Helmand from 2006 to today, with scenarios typifying the kind of engagements at that time, rather than leading the same force through several battles.

Excellent idea! Two thumbs up!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Yes, good work.  But, before you do a lot of additional work, hopefully you have checked out the mod versions of uncon forces that already exist(?).  There is quite a lot already available which provide far more options than in your pic.

Eg:

JocksMixedCombatants

Mord's Mixed Combatants (& unit portraits)

Mord's masked Syrian Fighters

There is more than enuff uncon and Iraqi and Syrian Army mods already made to simulate just about any battle in Syria, Iraq etc. Am still hoping for a Mosul scenario - (hint.)

5 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Yes, good work.  But, before you do a lot of additional work, hopefully you have checked out the mod versions of uncon forces that already exist(?).  There is quite a lot already available which provide far more options than in your pic.

Eg:

JocksMixedCombatants

There is more than enuff uncon and Iraqi and Syrian Army mods already made to simulate just about any battle in Syria, Iraq etc. Am still hoping for a Mosul scenario - (hint.)

..Am still hoping for a Mosul scenario @MOS:96B2P @Combatintman I second that ! :)

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Eg:

JocksMixedCombatants

Hmmm having a look. I'm aiming for contemporary Afghanistan and more Helmand specific. There's little things like people just don't wear a different coloured Shalwar and Kameez, and you really don't see gray beards amongst the fighters.

Edited by pappagoat

The uncon mods I have seen include "spies" ie civilian dress and also mixed with some camo outfits; some sort of Syrian ethic/religious group (black hoods with green lettered bands across the head plus black or camo pants - could easily be adapted to ISIS); Al Nusra flagged vehicles (also easy to adapt to ISIS) etc.

For some reason CMSF doesn't seem to be represented at CMMODS, but these mods must be somewhere.

• 5 months later...