No 'Desktop' display option?

"logging into Windows with a 'Computer Administrator' account is NOT the same as right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" on the popup menu."

Uh, oh... I didn't realize that either. That's why "Run as Admin" never seemed to do anything for me either.

This must be a dumb question, but how does one log into windows as an Admin?

Thanks...

• 2 years later...
Typically the CMx1 games will support discrete resolutions of 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 (and there may be a few others).

The CMx1 games max out at 1600x1200, so most likely they will suffer 'stretching' on most current widescreen monitors. This would especially be true if the entire display is being used at a non-native resolution. So if your widescreen supported 1680 x 1050, then the highest resolution you would be able to run a CMx1 game would be 1280x1024.

I appreciate this is an old thread (and my post might be better moved from CMSF to CMx1? - edit: just copied it to there) and might only be of interest to Schrullenhaft anyway: Today, whilst playing about with my Samsung XP netbook (crappy intel GMA 3150 integrated graphics but capable of displaying a maximum of 1920x1080 on an external monitor), I plugged it into a 4:3 monitor capable of 1600x1200. I then noted that CMBO offered me a resolution of 1400x1050! I've never heard or read of this particular CMx1 resolution before, and going by Tech Support's above comments, it seems to be one of those rare "few others" that might sometimes get overlooked. And it isn't a mirage either - I tried both 1400x1050 and then 1280x1024 to check there was an apparent difference in the resultant picture.

So I thought it worth mentioning, that if you have a screen with a pixel height of 1050 or 1080, you might (with some playing about with your desktop resolutions) be able to get 1400x1050 instead of having to stick with 1280x1024.