I'm Think'in February? You?

Awesome bone this week from the pics we saw!! Whats next??

Lets see.

1) Another Bone for the Xmas weekend

2) Website up early January

3) Mid to late January pre-orders

4) Early February release?

OK what do you think? Realistic. Whats your take.

ps I know aimless speculation but it is fun to pass the time. :D

I am not quite gaga yet (though my wife might argue the point) and so I think I can state with some degree of certainty that towards the end of 2009 Steve said that they could get Normandy out before Christmas but would probably hold it over to the New Year. Twelve months later and here we are having much the same conversations.

The screen shots are nice, but then so were those released last spring. It will be done when 'tis done and I am sure it will be very good when it comes. That might be in 2011, but there again it might not. Did anyone think this time last year that two Christmases would pass before we saw the game?

According to Steve in the latest bone pile:

"... As I've said to many of you may times before, we're cautious about what we post because we leave smoothing out graphical rough edges to the very end because they have no impact on game testing or scenario balancing. Which means for a long period of time it's difficult to produce screenshots that truly reflect what the game's status and what it's final look will be.

Now that we've started the process of fixing the graphics glitches we feel it's time to post a few shots. More will come in the very near future and then hopefully soon after you guys will be able to post your own screenshots..."

From this a couple of deductions can be made.

1) they are at the very end of the production process (presumably feature creep has stopped)

2) we will, hopefully, be playing the game soon after the very near future...

Well that's either a very optimistic reading or you are talking about a different product. :)

I don't know you guys keep asking asking for bones / screnshots and when you get them you instantly assume it's release is just around the corner.

Consistent at least. It's been like this since CM:SF.

Keep fishing though.

Merry Christmas! :)