Is there a special place for someone with a Challenge like Peng has?

BFCElvis

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There Will Come Soft Rains

There will come soft rains and the

smell of the ground,

And swallows circling with their

shimmering sound;

And frogs in the pools singing at

night,

And wild plum-trees in tremulous

white;

Robins will wear their feathery fire

Whistling their whims on a low

fence-wire;

And not one will know of the war,

not one

Will care at last when it is done.

Not one would mind, neither bird

nor tree

If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke

at dawn,

Would scarcely know that we were gone.

Sara Teasdale

The title of this poem was also used by Ray Bradbury for his short story about an automated house which continued it's daily chores even after the rest of civilization had been killed in a nuclear war.

Just thought I'd share.

[... meanwhile, its a very special Thing Day at the Paddock and as a heated wire is placed into a shallow dish of freshly shed Donkey blood there is quite a lot of honking and thrashing about in a confined space...]

Things are getting very creepy at the paddock.

Everything reminds you of the original movie "The Thing"!

We were talking just the other day and you mentioned about how this cloud you saw looked just like Kenneth Tobey!

Dude, get help!!!

You got it wrong Boyo, I said it reminded me of James Arness not Kenneth Tobey!!

Now this is really unacceptable. To think that you bunch of slackers almost let this thread slip onto the second page...well, it really disappoints me. We need to wrap this iteration up so that a new thread can be opened over on the BfN forum, where all the action has been for almost the month. Now get to spewing out your usual nonsense if you haven't the imagination to come up with anything better. Hmph!

Michael

Boo has discovered the truth of holding a position in the middle of the map: he only has flanks and awaits obliteration. And I've 25 minutes of manouver time. Sweet! His chicken-rustling, cow-tipping infantry are busy searching for something white to wave.

You do realize your mouse has a little scrolly knob and that which may appear on the bottom of the page may, in fact, be well above it?

Yes, and you should realize that I did employ either it or the down arrow keys to get to the bottom of the page. You might also consider the possibility that my screen could be set to a different resolution than your own, rendering fewer replies/page than your own. That is, you might if you weren't such a sluggishly minded dolt. But then, I don't suppose there is any hope in asking for the impossible.

Michael

Boo has discovered the truth of holding a position in the middle of the map: he only has flanks and awaits obliteration. And I've 25 minutes of manouver time. Sweet! His chicken-rustling, cow-tipping infantry are busy searching for something white to wave.

Are these the ones that just knocked out your Panzer?

Yes, and you should realize that I did employ either it or the down arrow keys to get to the bottom of the page. You might also consider the possibility that my screen could be set to a different resolution than your own, rendering fewer replies/page than your own. That is, you might if you weren't such a sluggishly minded dolt. But then, I don't suppose there is any hope in asking for the impossible.

Michael

Yes, I imagine that 17" B&W screen might be a bit... limiting.