December Normandy Bones

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay stacks! And carts! :)

YEAH! Two of the flavor objects I wanted really bad!

Man, these shots are awesome...I've been waiting for this for almost 10 years...since the day they stopped CMBO...just beautiful...nice to be out of the desert. Terrain is really setting the mood for me.

The water looks kick ass...can't wait to catch some unlucky squad in the middle of crossing it. SLAUGHTER!

The fortifications are REALLY cool. Nice work on those!

Noticed they changed the icon colors...so I am assuming the Germs will be like a grayish blue?

Thanks Steve...BFC...these are a VERY pleasant surprise...almost as cool as getting the game. Makes the waiting a lot easier knowing something.

BTW will casualties that get shot in the water stay there or disappear?

Mord.

Amazing. Wonderful. Love the muted colors (as with Icons). Haystacks and buildings look great. The cold looking, waist deep water. Terrifying to consider wading through while knowing an MG-42 could be lurking in the tree line.

Very nicely done!

I don't recall a Sherman 76 without a muzzle break. Is that a work in progress? Or was there a long 75mm without a muzzle break? Color me ignorant...

Gpig

Quick couple of responses:

The early 76mm mounted on Shermans had no muzzle break.

Weather effects do not vary within the course of a battle. Changing this is non-trivial, but it is definitely on our ToDo List for future releases.

Yes, the uniforms look a tad too gray to me too. Note, though, that they were pretty gray by this point in the war. But they should be darker gray, me thinks.

Steve

How about the water casualties...will dudes shot in the water stay there or will they disappear? I have a dream of watching my slaughtered enemy floating in their dead defeated-ness!

Mord.

Will there be splashes from bullet impacts? (For those with IL2, strafing a river is always good fun. :) )

If they didn't have muzzle "breaks", will they instead gain muzzle "brakes"? ;)

I'm scrolling the screenies from side to side so it'll look like they're moving. Ersatz video.

:)

Ken

While there haven't been many code changes to the UI, the graphics have been completely overhauled to be of a WWII Normandy theme.

Steve

Speaking of which, please, for love of a fake god, no more neon green weapon icons. Give Scipio a break! :D

Seriously though, any new info you can share with us in regards to the new QB, campaign improvements, or any new scalable graphics options?

Sweet shots Steve! Needless to say, we are all watering at the mouth over this.

Two quick bocage questions:

1. You can clearly see the bocage raised up above the ground in the 4th and 6th screenshots. Will we have to do that manually or will the bocage terrain itself automatically raise itself above whatever terrain is below it? I am assuming that it is the later.

2. Will you be able to dig foxholes into/onto a hedgerow? From what I have read, that was a standard practice.

Thanks in advance!

Chad

So many questions... and a signed beta tester NDA standing between you and us. :)

It easy for us guys to forget that this is all new to you guys, while for us the shock come when we return to CMSF and see all that barren rock and open desert. Yikes! Where's the oak trees and plowed fields? I've got to tell you its VERY easy to get used to a Western European landscape :D