DRM-Free version is available

Brit

Just put out an update to bring players up to version 1.01.15629. This will unlicense the DRM and download a DRM-free version of the game for all existing players. Also, if you buy a copy from the Battlefront store, you'll also receive the DRMless version 1.01.15629.

Several people at MG have already written they bought the game after it was taken out. So it's already helped. There are a LOT of people who won't buy a game if it takes an internet connection to register.

My game took the DRM out with the latest update. How do I download the DRM free file?

Several people at MG have already written they bought the game after it was taken out. So it's already helped. There are a LOT of people who won't buy a game if it takes an internet connection to register.

My game took the DRM out with the latest update. How do I download the DRM free file?

I'm not sure what you mean about downloading the DRM free file. If you're running version 1.01.15629, then your copy of EOS.exe is the DRM-free version.

What if I redo my hard drive and want to reinstall? The only copy of the install file that I have includes the DRM.

In that case, there are a few options:

- The easiest thing to do is install the game and run "Updater.exe". It will download all the updates and apply them, bringing you up to the DRM-free version of the game. This method wouldn't require entering a registration key.

- A less convenient method (in case you forget about the Updater.exe application) is to install the game, run it, insert your registration key, and when the game comes up, you press the 'get updates' key. This will download the latest version and also release your license (the one that you just entered a minute earlier).

- You can also backup the entire directory right now (i.e. after you get the DRM-free version) using a zip file. This would allow you to quickly get it up and running on a new hard drive or computer without needing to download all the updates.

I'd like to be able to provide players with a download link with the full installer for the latest version of the game (accessible to existing players whenever they want in the future), but I really have no way to verify anyone's purchase of the game - that's handled by Battlefront.

Ok, real frankly the DRM isn't a problem for me. Just thought I'd like to have the new copy if possible. A lot of buyers though I think would really like to have it.

I just thought I'd try and download the game from my account and it worked. Is this the new version?

Hm, I'm not sure. I suppose it's possible that Battlefront linked to the latest version of the game. My suggestion would be to download it and install it to see what version number it gives you. Let me know what you find.

Ok, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled from the file I just downloaded. It appears to be the most recent version. No licensing request came up and there were no updates available.

Btw, when I went to uninstall I noticed there was no entry in the windows uninstall list. Doesn't EoS put anything in the registry?

Ok, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled from the file I just downloaded. It appears to be the most recent version. No licensing request came up and there were no updates available.

Battlefront just confirmed to me that you should be getting the latest installer.

Btw, when I went to uninstall I noticed there was no entry in the windows uninstall list. Doesn't EoS put anything in the registry?

No, there isn't an entry in the add-remove programs list.